Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fog is taking two hours off tonight . I guess it was part of the CBA it agreed to last year. Damn Unions.

Tonight: Patchy dense fog between 10pm and 11pm, then Patchy dense fog between midnight and 1am, then Patchy dense fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. West wind between 3 and 5 mph.

KGSO averages 1" of snow per year in December.

Last year KGSO had ~7" and the year before KGSO had ~4".

Both years were statistical anomalies.

I am not concerned that we have gone snowless in December. It's the norm that we get little, if any, snow in December, despite the spoiling we have gotten over the last two winters.

KGSO averages 1" of snow per year in December.

Last year KGSO had ~7" and the year before KGSO had ~4".

Both years were statistical anomalies.

I am not concerned that we have gone snowless in December. It's the norm that we get little, if any, snow in December, despite the spoiling we have gotten over the last two winters.

ty i was wonderin as of late about past GSO and INT weather....amazes me that it can be so different than CLT or RDU

was just sayin to my mom tonite that "I" was spoiled the last 2 winters...and now its back to normal lol

almost wish i hadnt been spoiled ;)

But, but, but.....He takes what JB says as Gospel, so there shoudn't be any discussion at all. :wacko:

I don't think anybody takes JB or any other met's opinions as Gospel. I for one think Robert is the best around however JB is good at noticing a pattern change which he did this one many weeks ago. When anybody misses their forecast on here nobody says anything but if JB misses one he is the worse ever. Look at all of the winter forecast on here and tell me one that has been right. Nobody has been right as everybody has busted December. Last week I clearly said JB has been right only once in 5 years. I made a comment to Burger in the mid range based on what JB said two weeks ago and so far he has been dead on. I for one could careless if he is right or wrong as I like to read everybody's opinions or ideas. Even yours. I just like snow or ice since it is a huge money maker for me.

All I want for Christmas is this displaced about 250 miles to the SSW, I have been good btw... :santa:

I was wondering if you'd seen that. Ha. Well overall the pattern is the same old, except we may be losing the southwest cutoff's, atleast for now. The pacific is about to hose system after system east , but before we get there the pesky west Texas system is going to be a thorn. Latest NAM keeps it near the Red River through the run, other models are supressed and move it out, but different times. After that is out of the way, one of the Pac. systems might dive down somewhere into the Southeast, maybe. Still looks warm, but if a little colder air sneaks in and wraps up , your area might get something like that.

I was wondering if you'd seen that. Ha. Well overall the pattern is the same old, except we may be losing the southwest cutoff's, atleast for now. The pacific is about to hose system after system east , but before we get there the pesky west Texas system is going to be a thorn. Latest NAM keeps it near the Red River through the run, other models are supressed and move it out, but different times. After that is out of the way, one of the Pac. systems might dive down somewhere into the Southeast, maybe. Still looks warm, but if a little colder air sneaks in and wraps up , your area might get something like that.

Yeah, there have been a few rough diamonds in every ens run over the past couple days, funny how we went from coastal development to maybe nothing, now it looks to be back on... Even the 0z Euro was a little closer to mixing in NE NC / SE VA than some people may think. Feels like an early May morning out. Sun popped out from behind the pines around 8:30 and you could feel the warmth, somewhat uncommon for such an early hour this time of year.

I don't think anybody takes JB or any other met's opinions as Gospel. I for one think Robert is the best around however JB is good at noticing a pattern change which he did this one many weeks ago. When anybody misses their forecast on here nobody says anything but if JB misses one he is the worse ever. Look at all of the winter forecast on here and tell me one that has been right. Nobody has been right as everybody has busted December. Last week I clearly said JB has been right only once in 5 years. I made a comment to Burger in the mid range based on what JB said two weeks ago and so far he has been dead on. I for one could careless if he is right or wrong as I like to read everybody's opinions or ideas. Even yours. I just like snow or ice since it is a huge money maker for me.

It wasn't a stab @ JB, but a tongue-in-cheek jab at another poster(not Burger). I wasn't trying to get into a debate about the worthiness of JB, so sorry if it was taken that way.

Another flower pic from the iPhone 4s, this one about 10 minutes old. Here we are, Dec 22nd, and my black&blue salvia on the side of the house is still blooming! Zone 7b is the northern fringe of where it's a perennial, some of the plant does have freeze damage, but there is some nice greenery and blooms on the part closest to the house. Unlike the African Daisy pic a couple days ago, I uploaded this one at full res, around 2.2MB.

post-382-0-74961200-1324579614.jpg

Boy my local forcast looks wintry for Christmas! :cry:

Not even much of a rain chance!!! Which is good IMO... :santa:

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER

MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE

OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

.CHRISTMAS DAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS

IN THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING

PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.

.MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S.

LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.

I think there's a specific page at CPC with the analog year stuff, I don't have that link, but I remember others pointing to it before. Here's a couple of links, the bottom one has specific years of AO NAO PNA and all that. Maybe somebody else can chime in with other links.

http://www.esrl.noaa...es/printpage.pl

ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.n...ele_oldindex.nh

I found the daily readings link, here. Thought I would post them in case someone else wanted a look.

ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.n...1.current.ascii - AO

ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.n...1.current.ascii - NAO

ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.n...1.current.ascii - PNA

Archived