• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

We end November with quite an exciting system that brought some early snow to certain areas across the Southeast. One of the best storms I have ever followed (and before meteorological winter of all things too). As we close off the month, we now look forward to December. That means Christmas plans are being made, as I'm sure many of us expect to do a bit of shopping, arranging get-togethers, and such. What are y'all planning to do for the holiday? Anything new or perhaps remaining old-fashioned? Hopefully I will be able to see most of my family this year and perhaps be able to get a few gifts for some folks. Luckily, I will be able to do what I always did when I was a kid: Watch the Christmas classics, preparing the dinner, and decorating (which has already been finished). Here are some pictures of what I've done. The tree was put up by myself and dad:

img5314w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img5313a.jpg

img5360m.jpg

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/img5357w.jpg/]img5357w.jpg[/url]

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4b6e341a-8605-4804.jpg

Tree is up, about a 9' fraser fir, drinking 64oz/day, LED lit of course... Home for the holidays, wife has a week off between Christmas and New Years, may fly her folks down from NY, unsure. We are going to pull the trigger on a standing rib roast (from Sams), bone in, 1-8, roasting in the oven all day, served with a nice tiger-dill sauce. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

4b6e341a-8605-4804.jpg

Tree is up, about a 9' fraser fir, drinking 64oz/day, LED lit of course... Home for the holidays, wife has a week off between Christmas and New Years, may fly her folks down from NY, unsure. We are going to pull the trigger on a standing rib roast (from Sams), bone in, 1-8, roasting in the oven all day, served with a nice tiger-dill sauce. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Beautiful tree, And the roast sounds great. :popcorn:

Tree and deco look good everyone! Got my tree and deco out earlier than ever! Wednesday...before I even made some of the Thanksgiving dinner prep...I had the tree up...7.5 foot artifical slim pine....teal blue, purple and silver decorations....Got 2 deer, 2 trees, 2 snowflakes, some garland around the door, a red/gree/gold wreath and some icicle lights hanging on the front porch....Now all I need is another white Christmas :thumbsup:

Nice decorations, folks! Wife and I are watching Elf as I type. We've got most of our inside decorations up, minus the tree, but I'm too lazy to take pictures right now. I'll put up the outside lights and stuff in the net couple of days. Tree goes up in a week or so. I'm off work till 1/4. My company offers a sabbatical for every 5 years of employment. I started my second one the day before Thanksgiving. I'm enjoying a nice llllloooooooonnnnnnngggggg Christmas Vacation, which is one of the best movies EVER, by the way!! :thumbsup:. And since I'll be off work, I'll be able to fully enjoy tracking the 12/19-20th winter storm! :D

Great shots folks!!

We got our tree up last Wednesday also! Had it ready to be decorated when our 2 1/2 year old son got home from the sitters.

This will be the second year of our new family tradition. Both sets of Grandparents come over real early to watch our little man open his gifts! Which works because both sets live within 15 minutes of us :)

Then off to the in-laws on Christmas day for food, beer and sports!

DAMN DUDE.. Talk about a sweet deal!!

Well, you start the 19-20 thread then :)

Nice decorations, folks! Wife and I are watching Elf as I type. We've got most of our inside decorations up, minus the tree, but I'm too lazy to take pictures right now. I'll put up the outside lights and stuff in the net couple of days. Tree goes up in a week or so. I'm off work till 1/4. My company offers a sabbatical for every 5 years of employment. I started my second one the day before Thanksgiving. I'm enjoying a nice llllloooooooonnnnnnngggggg Christmas Vacation, which is one of the best movies EVER, by the way!! :thumbsup:. And since I'll be off work, I'll be able to fully enjoy tracking the 12/19-20th winter storm! :D

Just got the tree up this weekend! Used to go up to Newland, NC to get the Fraser Fir but lately have been getting it from locals that sell them. Hard to believe its time for Christmas again, seems like just yesterday we were tracking the infamous Christmas storm. :snowman: Here's to a safe and happy holidays for all! :thumbsup:

post-1368-0-35748100-1322622285.png

Looking good Gaston on decorations! :thumbsup: And I'll take a repeat of last Christmas weather wise!! :snowman:

Thanks Frosty. It wasn't easy since I had to do the outside stuff myself, let alone it's an absolute pain maneuvering around the porch with so much junk on it. :arrowhead:

Great photos everyone! The houses look really nice and better than what I could pull off haha. I like Mariettawx's in particular with the fireplace. Reminds me of my best friend's uncle's house with the way it's designed. Sounds like many of you will be quite busy this year. Good stuff. Can't wait to see what others have to offer in this topic. :)

Ditto... I love the pics so far. I went out and got my tree last night, letting it drip dry in the garage today and hope to have it up by tomorrow. Plan is to decorate the outside of the house Clark Griswold style starting Friday. Will post pics when all said and done.

I know this post sounds a little too optimistic, but the point is there is room for things to become more favorable as winter pushes on even if December ends on a bad note and that there's no reason to assume just because one month looks horrible, it should mean that the whole season will bust on the bad side. Let's just wait and see what is offered before cliff-diving.

From Allan Huffman's latest blog post. Maybe there is hope!

We are entering a pattern it appears where there will be plenty of cold air around in Canada and the northern US the next couple of weeks. It looks like the southeast ridge though may rear its head again and this will set up a pattern where we will likely be milder than normal, but if the timing were to work out we would have to watch for damming or cold air bleeding events as we will also see an active southern branch of the jet stream (split flow around the –EPO ridge) .Thus one cant rule out a wintery event popping up but as of now nothing is certainly imminent.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Pleasant weather the next few days - Raleigh Weather | Examiner.com http://www.examiner....e#ixzz1fITbSNZY

Well, this is different...

It appears you have to subscribe to anyone whose post you want to read under the new upgrade. I guess I'll be adding a lot of new friends here soon!

Kink yet to be worked out, it has been brought up in the staff forum, and admin is aware. These upgrades always come with some issues, give them some time and it will better than ever!

Archived