Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Daughter is 5 1/2 weeks pregnant....I'm gonna be a Nana wub.png

It's amazing what grand kids do to your parents. My Mom did a total 180 on things once she had a grandchild. We had to beg and beg to get a little toy race car growing up. With the Grandkids it's a Walmart shopping spree at least once a year and they can be as bad as possible! Haha it's like some switch gets flipped or something and all of the sudden the sweet gets turned on.

It's amazing what grand kids do to your parents. My Mom did a total 180 on things once she had a grandchild. We had to beg and beg to get a little toy race car growing up. With the Grandkids it's a Walmart shopping spree at least once a year and they can be as bad as possible! Haha it's like some switch gets flipped or something and all of the sudden the sweet gets turned on.

laugh.png I can't wait to spoil him or her rotten. wub.png

My Daughter is 5 1/2 weeks pregnant....I'm gonna be a Nana wub.png

Rock on, Granny !!!!! Congrats ! I can't wait to be a grandpa. Knowing my luck, my boys will wait until I'm old and decrepit before they have kids. I'll be that stinky old man that sits in the corner shooing the cats away with a cane at the family reunion.

wild-granny18.jpg

Damn, I thought you were already that old man in the corner :)

pimp.gif

Rock on, Granny !!!!! Congrats ! I can't wait to be a grandpa. Knowing my luck, my boys will wait until I'm old and decrepit before they have kids. I'll be that stinky old man that sits in the corner shooing the cats away with a cane at the family reunion.

Awesome!! A future weather nut I assume smile.png

My best to your family!!

Thank you strong :wub: I don't think me or my Son could be any more excited :lol: Hopefully this little bundle of joy will get to experience the best Mother Nature has to offer. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The power of a grandchild is much like the power of the ring in Lord of The Rings...

:wub:

Thank you Joe :wub: I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present. :lol:

Thank you Marietta wub.png I haven't been this excited since I found out I was pregnant with her laugh.png

I watched my parents change when my sister gave them two grandchildren over the last decade or so. The joy that those two kids bring my parents is amazing! With me getting married in March they keep giving me the nudge, hint , hint at wanting more. laugh.png

Damn, I thought you were already that old man in the corner smile.png

pimp.gif

I may stink but I'm not that old !santa.gif I did turn fifty this past summer which kinda sucked.

Thank you Joe wub.png I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present. laugh.png

You'll make a great Nana ! The only problem you'll have is the way you look, he'll think he's got two Mamma's!wub.png

I may stink but I'm not that old !santa.gif I did turn fifty this past summer which kinda sucked.

You'll make a great Nana ! The only problem you'll have is the way you look, he'll think he's got two Mamma's!wub.png

If I'm half the Nana mine was I'll be happy. :lol: When we finally have that SE gathering I'm giving you the biggest :hug: for always making this old lady smile :wub:

THis is so true. My dad told me once that if he knew being a grandparent was this much fun he would have done it first...lol.My mom and dad are the grandparents that spoil my girls. My mother in law has a 10 year old daughter which is only 8 months older than my oldest and she is still in parent mode.Definitely a big difference.

statistically speaking when was the last "year without a winter" in the SE. figure of speech obviously but i remember a few shorts in early jan winters as a kid in late 70s, early 80s?

I remember Dec,back in the late 70's and early 80,s ,not having a lot of winter but Jan and especially Feb produced great snowstorms.

Off topic but why do I have a warn status on my signature and how do I get the removed?

As frustrating as the current pattern is for us cold and snow lovers we have to remember that it is December. Up until the most recent couple of years I cannot remember many Decembers that had prolonged cold and snow. Usually it is a couple of weeks into January before we get into prime time and even February usually holds promise.

Don't get me wrong, I hate, HATE warm weather this time of year but I am not on the "jump off the cliff" boat yet. I remember the winter of 1993 sucked big gigantic harries but we ended up with the snow storm that shall not be named in March which made up for the winter in my opinion.

Hopefully we will get a pattern change with cold and snow soon because it is getting down right depressing reading a lot of the comments on the site.

Hey man. I will gladly take mid 50's during the second weekend of February!

x)

As frustrating as the current pattern is for us cold and snow lovers we have to remember that it is December. Up until the most recent couple of years I cannot

remember many Decembers that had prolonged cold and snow. Usually it is a couple of weeks into January before we get into prime time and even February usually holds promise.

Don't get me wrong, I hate, HATE warm weather this time of year but I am not on the "jump off the cliff" boat yet. I remember the winter of 1993 sucked big gigantic harries but we ended up with the snow storm that shall not be named in March which made up for the winter in my opinion.

Hopefully we will get a pattern change with cold and snow soon because it is getting down right depressing reading a lot of the comments on the site.

Archived