joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Fide! I take it you didn't enjoy your invisible drizzle any more than I did, lol. I am hoping as winter progresses the jet stream will buckle further south, and the sw's riding down the trough will turn under us for a change, instead of cutting across the Tenn. Valley over and over. Not that I'm begrudging the Tenn. folks their shots at snow, but, man, oh, man do we need some rain. I'm ready to give up all my chances at zrain for the month of Dec. just to get a slow moving GOM low, lol. T

Hey, Fide! I take it you didn't enjoy your invisible drizzle any more than I did, lol. I am hoping as winter progresses the jet stream will buckle further south, and the sw's riding down the trough will turn under us for a change, instead of cutting across the Tenn. Valley over and over. Not that I'm begrudging the Tenn. folks their shots at snow, but, man, oh, man do we need some rain. I'm ready to give up all my chances at zrain for the month of Dec. just to get a slow moving GOM low, lol. T

To be fair, and i don't want to gripe at this opportunity for snow (it's the 1st of the year so I am grateful), but I'd like to see the systems further south too, and slower moving. Nothing like a true miller A!!!!

Local mets here are giving a trace to up to 2 inches possible for KTRI. Not exactly a slam dunk prognosis from our local guys here.

T,

Once past 12/1, you risk being classified as evil if you wish for rain. ;)

To be fair, and i don't want to gripe at this opportunity for snow (it's the 1st of the year so I am grateful), but I'd like to see the systems further south too, and slower moving. Nothing like a true miller A!!!!

Local mets here are giving a trace to up to 2 inches possible for KTRI. Not exactly a slam dunk prognosis from our local guys here.

In a normal winter you guys will often feast on clippers, dragging some snow in on you, even without the wide spread events. And lots of times the wide spreaders will leave some out, and often it is you guys, if the shield isn't far enough north! And we rarely get anything from a clipper in Ga., maybe Gainesville north, for more than flurries.

This winter we'll all get some somehow, I just feel it in my bones, fwtw, but it maybe be from a split flow. Or a cold ULL diving deep down in March, to catch us down here if we get left out earlier, because we're too close to the heat pump warm nose :) Just don't have a good feel for major continuous blocking this year....at least not yet. But I can sure see systems riding in on a split jet, and highs dropping down out of Canada, with some phasing goodness for most of us. And since things come in bunches it would sure be nice to see a gom low in the next few weeks, say before XMas, to set up Jan. and beyond.

I'm thinking super strong cad in Feb., and a good sleet storm for moi, after a big snow in Jan., lol. Tony

It's the crap, crappiest pattern of all.

There'll be warm air unseating the cold which is fleeting as rain starts to fall

It's the crap, crappiest pattern of all!

Something like that?

Good idea.

There'll be weathermen twitching and skiers a bitching,

aghast at the absence of snow.

Southeast ridge screaming while grandpa is dreaming,

of winters a long time ago.

I think the folks north of Atlanta need to have there own weather service office. Their weather is night and day different up there. They are more like TN than GA. The rain is training northeast. We will probably get less than .15" for the entire event. I'll trade ALL of my snow chances for above average rainfall this winter. I'd rather not watch another dry slot snow storm again.

I think the folks north of Atlanta need to have there own weather service office. Their weather is night and day different up there. They are more like TN than GA. The rain is training northeast. We will probably get less than .15" for the entire event. I'll trade ALL of my snow chances for above average rainfall this winter. I'd rather not watch another dry slot snow storm again.

I'm actually getting rain I can hear and I'm in the house :) Sure it won't add up probably, but I can actually hear it, lol. Be patient my friend, we will get a big rain before long, just you wait and see! The pattern is too active, and winter says tracks go south, because some cold in Canada someday will push them. Just a matter of time. Tony

I'm actually getting rain I can hear and I'm in the house :) Sure it won't add up probably, but I can actually hear it, lol. Be patient my friend, we will get a big rain before long, just you wait and see! The pattern is too active, and winter says tracks go south, because some cold in Canada someday will push them. Just a matter of time. Tony

Maybe you will be able to whip out that soccer ball snow flake avatar later this Winter Tony! It only takes one good storm with good timing to make that happen! I hope you are well buddy.

Maybe you will be able to whip out that soccer ball snow flake avatar later this Winter Tony! It only takes one good storm with good timing to make that happen! I hope you are well buddy.

Greg! I'm fine, and hope you are. Happy Hollydays! Shoot I've already had your beauty out this winter :) It brought me 23 pellets, lol. Still works good....you are The Man!

I got it looks like .19 tonight so things are damp, which is much better than the nothing it looked like I'd get. I've got 4 1/2 to 5 months I won't have to endure 90's :) Whats not to like! Tony

Archived