joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard. You've come during a time of a lot of negativity because of no snow yet...just wait till a good storm comes this place will be addicting!

Hello burgertime - i know...but at least I will kind of get in the swing of things before a big storm is on the way. I am thinking positive.

Glad to have you here and on Talkweather! Welcome to model maddness! Keep reading and stuydying the posts...you will learn bunches! I sure have. ;)

Hi Psalm 148:8 - I haven't created an account on Talkweather, I just check in from time to time to see if there are any differing opinions or to see if anything is happening. I am trying to learn, it's really quite cool.

Welcome aboard! Post anytime you like, and don't let anyone discourage you from posting, either. Nobody on this board knows everything about the weather, so don't feel like you don't have anything to add. Glad to have you aboard.

Hello Cold Rain - actually last year when I thought about signing up I didn't, because some of the posts came off as rude and nasty. For someone like me, who doesn't know this weather stuff it can be intimidating. On the flip side, I can only imagine for the experts/meteorologists on this board trying to bounce ideas off one another, it can be annoying, especially during a storm when people may ask, how much snow can be expected in my back yard!

So in 2001 I bit the bullet and moved way north of ATL to Dawsonville and now Dahlonega. Since I've been up here for 10 years, every 2"+ snowfall that I have received, someone south of me has gotten more. :lmao:

But I can say I've probably gotten 3 to 4 1" type of events when my friends south of me got squat. :snowing:

I'm moving up there with you!

Just got back at 2 am from Sarasota Florida. This time we didn't stay at my parents and instead got a room on Lido Beach at the Helmsley Sandcastle. I'll have some more videos today. It was probably close to 80 yesterday and when we got back last night it was 46... shoulda stayed in Florida!

I'm moving up there with you!

Just got back at 2 am from Sarasota Florida. This time we didn't stay at my parents and instead got a room on Lido Beach at the Helmsley Sandcastle. I'll have some more videos today. It was probably close to 80 yesterday and when we got back last night it was 46... shoulda stayed in Florida!

I was in St Pete all week. beautiful but chilly on wed/thurs. Was I-75n in Ocala as bad as i-4e was in Orlando yesterday? I actually turned off the truck while sitting for an hour in orlando... I should have taken 75 -> 301 ->20 :(

sourceAP.gif

Cops: Man tried to use $1,000,000 bill at Walmart

LEXINGTON, N.C. Do you have change for a million-dollar bill?

Police say a North Carolina man insisted his million-dollar note was real when he was buying $476 worth of items at a Walmart.

Investigators told the Winston-Salem Journal that 53-year-old Michael Fuller tried to buy a vacuum cleaner, a microwave oven and other items. Store employees called police after his insistence that the bill was legit, and Fuller was arrested.

The largest bill in circulation is $100. The government stopped making bills of up to $10,000 in 1969.

Fuller was charged with attempting to obtain property by false pretense and uttering a forged instrument. He is in jail on a $17,500 bond, and it isn't clear if he has an attorney. He is scheduled to be in court Tuesday.

I was in St Pete all week. beautiful but chilly on wed/thurs. Was I-75n in Ocala as bad as i-4e was in Orlando yesterday? I actually turned off the truck while sitting for an hour in orlando... I should have taken 75 -> 301 ->20 :(

My family and I left from the Westgate resort in the Disney vicinity yesterday, as well. I can't stand I-4! It's one of the biggest parking lots in the nation. In fact, I pretty much can't stand crowds, but the rest of the family loves the weather down there, so I grin and bear it.

However, I avoided the traffic coming back on I-4 by getting up at 5 AM and leaving by 5:30! :thumbsup: Smooth sailing all the way home! That's the ticket to avoiding congestion down there: leave before everyone else is awake and about.

sourceAP.gif

Cops: Man tried to use $1,000,000 bill at Walmart

Makes you wonder about that guy's living situation or personal finances...clearly he had low income, so maybe he was trying to be arrested in a non-violent way to get some heat this winter. Hard to believe anyone would honestly try to pass a $1 million bill with a straight face.

But Chris said we have to discuss long range stuff here. :o

Nah. We have a thread for that.

SE Mid-Long Range Discussion

Now some banter.

I've decided to embace the weather rather than resist. I will be grilling some nice thick NY strips, baking some tators and tossing a nice salad this evening. Coupled with the bottle of my lady's favorite wine I just bought, we will settle in and prepare to greet the new year. When the evening heats up, I will gladly accept the fact that a warm winter does have it's positive aspects.

Now some banter.

I've decided to embace the weather rather than resist. I will be grilling some nice thick NY strips, baking some tators and tossing a nice salad this evening. Coupled with the bottle of my lady's favorite wine I just bought, we will settle in and prepare to greet the new year. When the evening heats up, I will gladly accept the fact that a warm winter does have it's positive aspects.

Same...not that I'm throwing in the towel but I have honestly spent less time on the boards/following models over break and I'm enjoying it...stepping away from the computer during winter IS fun after all. Ready to enjoy a great new years night and day.

Now some banter.

You just wake up?

I've got some porterhouse steaks for tomorrow. Looking forward to that!

Cool, what time should we come over? :P Not had a lot of time over the past several days to check in, been busy with a new roof, stump-grinding, and today gutters. Basically Irene repairs, and procrastinated improvements, delayed until now of course.

Shrimp alfredo for dinner (U13 big boys from the gulf coast), homemade caesar salad and garlic bread. Happy New Years Eve!!! :snowing:

We got on 75 about 5:30pm yesterday. Not bad traffic. Lots of traffic backed up coming south toward the Tampa St. Pete area though.

I love driving at night, you can pretty much just sit back and cruise.

Now some banter.

I embracing it also...I went on a 56 mile bike ride today and planning on a 60 mile ride in the morning. It was beautiful today on the ride. It's hard to believe I was able to wear shorts on December 31st.

You just wake up?

Thought you were coming for that lasagna! :lmao: Been cooking all afternoon! Enjoy those steaks....maybe if we are unlucky with next December being warm, I will suggest that we grill filets....my favorite cut of steak....and then I would not be stuck in the kitchen :whistle:

Cool, what time should we come over? :P Not had a lot of time over the past several days to check in, been busy with a new roof, stump-grinding, and today gutters. Basically Irene repairs, and procrastinated improvements, delayed until now of course.

Shrimp alfredo for dinner (U13 big boys from the gulf coast), homemade caesar salad and garlic bread. Happy New Years Eve!!! :snowing:

Yum....cotton pickin YUM!! Got a recipe you wanna share for that shrimp alfredo?? Would love to have it.

We'll be home from church around 1, so anytime after that! :) The homemade Caesar salad would go very well with the steaks!

Thought you were coming for that lasagna! :lmao: Been cooking all afternoon! Enjoy those steaks....maybe if we are unlucky with next December being warm, I will suggest that we grill filets....my favorite cut of steak....and then I would not be stuck in the kitchen :whistle:

Yum....cotton pickin YUM!! Got a recipe you wanna share for that shrimp alfredo?? Would love to have it.

You talked me out of it with all of that "the drive is so long" talk. :(:D

When I do in fact get this dinner prepared, then the rest is fun time :) We are having a fire in the outdoor fireplace and playing cornhole!! Fun times ahead tonite with the family!

Cornhole is awesome. There needs to be cornhole boards at the SE get-together!

post-38-0-88463600-1325373204.gif

In any normal winter the set-up on this map would be the beginning stages of a major winter storm for us. The high is in a great spot, the air up north is plenty cold enough, and the system has a good gulf tap. How much better can you get? What will it take to get a good winter storm for the southeast???

Archived