Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

hah, I was just about to post it, :weenie:

If we are gonna score next week it will have to be with something diving down in the backside of the trough like Allan said. I'd say Roberts # 2 region (your BY and possibly mine depending on how the table is set) stands the best chance. Hopefully it works out.

I agree...We really need the trough to go negative at the right time. If it stays positive to long then this will be a fish storm.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its pretty funny Brick didn't even know he was in the running for Weenie of the Year. :lol:

http://www.americanw...eenie-hof-vote/

When did the voting start? I was offline over Christmas and then in a little town in VA the past couple of days with no internets. But I heard talk of the snow word and jumped on today. I can tell when there is talk of snow. It's like a 6th sense.

(fixed)

IF 0C (32F) @ 850mb, about 5000' and the map shows Atlanta sitting at -14C @ 5000' what is the temperature sitting at 1000' ... I do not know the formula to be used.

There is no formula. The surface could be colder or usually warmer than the 850 level but there is no set way to calculate. It all depends on the airmass in place, sometimes we get CAD which puts a very shallow layer of cold right near the surface. So in icestorm we can have temps in the upper 20's at the surface but if you go up to the 850mb level it could be much warmer into the 30's or higher.

There is no formula. The surface could be colder or usually warmer than the 850 level but there is no set way to calculate. It all depends on the airmass in place, sometimes we get CAD which puts a very shallow layer of cold right near the surface. So in icestorm we can have temps in the upper 20's at the surface but if you go up to the 850mb level it could be much warmer into the 30's or higher.

Thank you! Very good point.

Archived