• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

Waiting on the 12z Euro 7-10 day, thinking is we may have a KU event, 1st-3rd...

0z run

Still a long way out, HM mentioned the period in the mid-atlantic sub, first real shot of Arctic air on the backside, may be chasing this one given a high prob 12" somewhere. :popcorn:

thats the storm I've had my eye on. Lets cut it off around Jacksonville (FL) and leave the Northeast and MidAtlantic out of this one. :santa:

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting on the 12z Euro 7-10 day, thinking is we may have a KU event, 1st-3rd...

0z run

12z GFS

Still a long way out, HM mentioned the period in the mid-atlantic sub, first real shot of Arctic air on the backside, may be chasing this one given a high prob 12" somewhere. :popcorn:

I think this is good stuff to talk about but not for Banter. What do you think about creating a SE Long Range Discussion. We have a pattern change topic but that's not the same.

thats the storm I've had my eye on. Lets cut it off around Jacksonville (FL) and leave the Northeast and MidAtlantic out of this one. :santa:

Perpetual SE ridge would argue it is going north :cry: Some signs though, of it finally eroding, after day 7, maybe getting displaced into the Baja, desert SW... They deserve it as far as I am concerned, we had to deal with it for Dec, let them bask in the likes for Jan., while we wreak the troughiness :) Equatorial warming is more pronounced this winter compared to recent years, no real data to support it but I am sure it exists, just a general observation. Unsure what it means, maybe a narrow window during the heart of winter, Jan, early Feb, before it reasserts itself into Spring. :santa:

I think this is good stuff to talk about but not for Banter. What do you think about creating a SE Long Range Discussion. We have a pattern change topic but that's not the same.

Modified, thank you! > 3 days have at it, short term/obs ---> obs thread, threat warrants, svr, storm specific, fire away on a new one. :santa:

Perpetual SE ridge would argue it is going north :cry: Some signs though, of it finally eroding, after day 7, maybe getting displaced into the Baja, desert SW... They deserve it as far as I am concerned, we had to deal with it for Dec, let them bask in the likes for Jan., while we wreak the troughiness :) Equatorial warming is more pronounced this winter compared to recent years, no real data to support it but I am sure it exists, just a general observation. Unsure what it means, maybe a narrow window during the heart of winter, Jan, early Feb, before it reasserts itself into Spring. :santa:

Yesterday me and downeast were chatting with some other members down at the hunting club and there were still swarms of mosquitos all over the place. Can't remember the last time we had the bugs this bad this late in the year. Still nothing cold enough in the near term to kill them off and then its hoping for a pattern change in January at some point.

Gotta say the weather this december has been less than winter like!

Not in west Texas! :) Which isn't the Southeastern U.S., I admit, but I still can't resist sharing a view I just pulled down from a traffic cam on I-27 near Lubbock International Airport.

Yeah it was snowing in El Paso earlier. They have had the epic kind of December sorta like we had last winter. Keeping some hope alive we see atleast some wintry weather even if its only matching our annual average.

Late Aug - early Sep is ideal, Vans Hardware is my source, closer to you then me. You want to plant just before a +RN, 20lbs per acre. For your application, would think early - mid Aug will be good, run a 2:1:1 mixture of Crimson Red Clover / 7 Top Turnips / Rye, 1 acre coverage < 40 bucks, regular seeder will do, hand held or pushed, lay it down just before a good RN, and the bucks will be munching come Oct! Once they find a food plot, they keep coming back man... :popcorn:

Late Aug - early Sep is ideal, Vans Hardware is my source, closer to you then me. You want to plant just before a +RN, 20lbs per acre. For your application, would think early - mid Aug will be good, run a 2:1:1 mixture of Crimson Red Clover / 7 Top Turnips / Rye, 1 acre coverage < 40 bucks, regular seeder will do, hand held or pushed, lay it down just before a good RN, and the bucks will be munching come Oct! Once they find a food plot, they keep coming back man... :popcorn:

Sounds good man. I plan on being down there alot once/if the weather gets cooler to do some coyote hunting....you interesting in giving it a try?

Sounds good man. I plan on being down there alot once/if the weather gets cooler to do some coyote hunting....you interesting in giving it a try?

Here, eyeballs on the mag-lite LED, they like to come in after the deer, Emma, our doberman goes crazy. 300 Savage running a 170 grain, anytime man, bought ready to reach out and touch something. Have a pretty good piece here, just have to make sure the high powered is trajectory down given 264 on the backside.

Here, eyeballs on the mag-lite LED, they like to come in after the deer, Emma, our doberman goes crazy. 300 Savage running a 170 grain, anytime man, bought ready to reach out and touch something. Have a pretty good piece here, just have to make sure the high powered is trajectory down given 264 on the backside.

We have fields that are over a mile across and a weyerhauser road that is 2500yds! I took a shot at 425+yds and missed last evening at a deer. Ron hit his deer at 450ish yds but very little blood so it was lost. Sounds like we might have to do some shooting once the skeeters are dead!

Archived