12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December General Banter

Gastonwxman

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know any of those others, so I studied the names and chose the ones I figured were the biggest weiners. Oddlyl I got them all right judging by the first voting :) So this time I figured to vote against all of them to help promote Brick. It worked on all but one.

Judging from the earlier post Brick is not anywhere near vulgar, and coarse enough. It will be hard for him to win, unless he jazzes up his act, lol.

I'm starting to feel really good about a pattern change soon. I think we're going to have a good second half of Winter. I'm ready too. This mild weather is fine for Spring, Summer, and Fall, but I'm ready for some cold now.

I just want to see the systems keep coming. The gfs wants to cut back on the rain, before the cold comes in. Ever and always that game the weather plays :) I'm hoping the weak attempts at moving some rain in over the next few weeks is just the model having trouble with the colder pattern. I love cold, but it always gets cold in Jan. Without rain every 4 or 5 days, it will just be cold. And the doc on Wunderground looks dry too, except for the big maybe player. I think the rain pattern is the key, not the cold pattern :) Of course, that makes me the odd bird out, lol. Tony

The Associated Press CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A pair of extremely rare birds is spending the winter in western North Carolina for the first time on record.

Whooping cranes make rare North Carolina landing.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/21/2556163/whooping-cranes-make-rare-north.html#storylink=cpy

No pattern change probably confused them bad.

Winter has been cancelled since November.

We need to hit the uncancel button. :)

I just want to see the systems keep coming. The gfs wants to cut back on the rain, before the cold comes in. Ever and always that game the weather plays :) I'm hoping the weak attempts at moving some rain in over the next few weeks is just the model having trouble with the colder pattern. I love cold, but it always gets cold in Jan. Without rain every 4 or 5 days, it will just be cold. And the doc on Wunderground looks dry too, except for the big maybe player. I think the rain pattern is the key, not the cold pattern :) Of course, that makes me the odd bird out, lol. Tony

That's what always seems to happen. Warm, rain, cold, dry, warm, rain, cold, dry. Hopefully, we can keep the active pattern and add the cold.

The Associated Press CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A pair of extremely rare birds is spending the winter in western North Carolina for the first time on record.

Whooping cranes make rare North Carolina landing.

Read more here: http://www.miamihera...l#storylink=cpy

No pattern change probably confused them bad.

Wow...I saw one of those in Nebraska years ago. It was by itself among thousands of sandhill cranes. Extremely RARE is right especially in this part of the country.

I was almost bitten by a copperhead snake yesterday while getting my dogs house ready for the predicted colder weather, I was moving some mulch to put in his house when out of the corner of my eye I see this head raise up and had it not scared the crap out of me making me jump to the left it would have gotten my wrist area and the dang thing must have been pissed cause it did not go the other way and came at me again but the shovel I had put it in permanent hibernation....Weird December

I was almost bitten by a copperhead snake yesterday while getting my dogs house ready for the predicted colder weather, I was moving some mulch to put in his house when out of the corner of my eye I see this head raise up and had it not scared the crap out of me making me jump to the left it would have gotten my wrist area and the dang thing must have been pissed cause it did not go the other way and came at me again but the shovel I had put it in permanent hibernation....Weird December

That is something I've wondered about. Now that I know they're just hiding and not hibernating, I'll be using the long rake outside tomorrow. :)

Samoa is going into the future! It's losing Friday as they are moving the International Dateline to their east to be closer in time to their trading partners in Australia and China. That means they'll go from 11:59 PM Thursday, December 29 to 12:00 AM Saturday December 31.

If that were me, I'd just as soon they do it on a Sunday so that we could skip Monday. :D

Interesting story. How big was it?

I really hope we don't move into a cold and dry pattern. That is the worst pattern imo. All I do is sit inside and watch my money fly out of my bank account staight to the gas company.

Totally agree. My list of favorite winter weather has changed a good bit over the years. Best to worst.

Cold and snow

Warm and dry

Warm and wet

Cold and dry

Ice storm

I really hope we don't move into a cold and dry pattern. That is the worst pattern imo. All I do is sit inside and watch my money fly out of my bank account staight to the gas company.

I don't think we will have to worry about an extended cold/dry pattern, Don S, and others are saying January looks to be toast. I always wondered how this forum would be in a snowless winter, I guess we are getting ready to find out. Kind of sad, not even January yet and I am ready to write off this winter, but it looks bleak with a strengthening La Nina, +NAO, +AO, PNA heading to negative. It really can't get much worse, assuming you want cold/snowy. I agree with you, a warm/dry winter is close second to a cold/snowy for me.

Totally agree. My list of favorite winter weather has changed a good bit over the years. Best to worst.

Cold and snow

Warm and dry

Warm and wet

Cold and dry

Ice storm

I totally agree. I like it warm and dry the rest of the year, but if it's going to be cold, I want some daggum snow!

Archived