amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be too early for Sam to throw in the towel.

Yeah not seeing the cliff jump on the GFS. It's a little SE with the QPF up that way but unless I'm mistaken on where he is, he's still in a very good zone.

Punching out for some supplies but I think we see the Euro east of the GFS and colder.

The UK is east and colder than the GFS again. EUro is going east/cold I'd almost bet on it at least compared to the Goofus

uk.gif

and

uk2.gif

Ya know - once in 150 years event. Get the posts in while you can....Not funny. The Elevation I enjoy maybe detrimental. Sunset snow. I'm looking at over a foot easy. CF will crash once the heavy stuff hits 18-20" lolli's might just be to conservative dependent on how this all shakes out. Philadephia and New York City already SNOW!!!!

Incoming heartache with major distruption to lifestyle for millions.

Yeah not seeing the cliff jump on the GFS. It's a little SE with the QPF up that way but unless I'm mistaken on where he is, he's still in a very good zone.

Punching out for some supplies but I think we see the Euro east of the GFS and colder.

The UK is east and colder than the GFS again. EUro is going east/cold I'd almost bet on it at least compared to the Goofus

I think most know by now that it went east and that you think everything will continue sliding east.

GFS shaved things back a bit back this way, but NAM is still sweet for this area with the 700 mb low over Tolland at 03Z while GFS has it near GON. Given the intensely dynamic nature of this storm, I'm leaning a bit toward the NAM at this point. However, we are walking a fine line here. If GFS is right, areas out near ALB are going to need the toaster bath.

Still awaiting the first flakes here. Should arrive around 2 PM or so. 35/24.

It's the second part of your statment that's having the cliff jumps. UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least it's chilly.

33.8/27 :arrowhead:

I think most know by now that it went east and that you think everything will continue sliding east.

I'm posting the maps that I'm creating as animations as I do them. I'm hosting them off site so they're here in the future instead of the red X.

I just posted the UK which had not been discussed and overlayed it with the GFS and did the same, permanently archiving it.

Sorry that you may or may not be in the strike zone. I've always been in the rain and am still.

With it snowing and 33F in Central Park I think everyone in S NE will be snow gate to gate except the immediate coasts. I really thought the heavy tree/power issues would be west of Rt 495 in Mass but now I think Metro Boston is going to be impacted greatly with major power issues except perhaps 5 miles from the coast or so. Cold over is over preforming and models have an east trend all point to higher snow totals than forecasted. Unfortunately for me in Central NH less snow but Im sure I will make it up. Hope you guys have your smart phones charged up to follow along when the power goes out!

Major major bust for DT..He said all i-95 cities all rain..LOL..what a joke

beat me to it!

obs downstream are telling, mix of snow and sleet already were already reported in downtown philly and nyc by 11am

colder / further east shifts are a lock

i'd say this translates to northern CT/ northernwestern RI/ MASS between I91 to 495 being jackpot... but we'll see if this nudges even further east to put the Boston metro in that swath

one concern for coastal plain... Logan is toasty, 49F right now, but hopefully this washes out quickly

Archived