amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been out and about this morning. In barber shop now. Nobody believes this will be a big deal since they are focused on paltry snow estimates. Wind is what they should be thinking about.

I'm not too concerned about wind in SE CT. I'm thinking gusts to 45 or so but nothing extreme.

31/27 here

Peru: 30

Chester Hill: 31

Goshen: 32

These temps will help I would think.

36.5 here with DP up to 35 BUT a developing NE backing towards north wind. Looking at MESONET data dews X the Srn Dacks thru CVT are 26-32 (more in the upper 20s to my north X the LG basin). Its OVC with VIRGA to my SW thru S. I think once precip starts X VT and even here it will begin as snow and the cooler dews will begin to advect south..

36.5 here with DP up to 35 BUT a developing NE backing towards north wind. Looking at MESONET data dews X the Srn Dacks thru CVT are 26-32 (more in the upper 20s to my north X the LG basin). Its OVC with VIRGA to my SW thru S. I think once precip starts X VT and even here it will begin as snow and the cooler dews will begin to advect south..

I'll put this in the obs thread, too, but it maybe useful for the disucssion here.

Just got word from my brother in Brooklyn NY that they have thunder and snow mixing ing.

Been out and about this morning. In barber shop now. Nobody believes this will be a big deal since they are focused on paltry snow estimates. Wind is what they should be thinking about.

I thought you were in Colchester when I gave your totals yesterday sorry, but 3-6 looks good now maybe more???

Looked good man. Might be a wet snow/mix fir a little while, but then go to town later today and tonight.

Thinking 6-9 easy for interior eastern mass Like Bedford-Walpole. I really don't see how they don't get that at this point. I could easily see a solid 3-6 right down to like Weymouth, and 1-3 even to the south coast.

Wouldn't shock me if places like Brookline approach 6+

Archived