Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

12Z NAM gives you 1.5" of liquid :snowman::thumbsup:

.8" here and 1" in ALB....

Drops off like a cliff just northwest of here, but you guys are very safely into the mega band.

Yeah ALB definitely too high from Toga north to Andy's area if the NAM verifies.

Good--based on this from Albany, I'll need the best ratio I can muster! I might still eek it out though since that valleys' on the other side of the Berks.

OTHERWISE...LATEST NEAR-TERM RUC13/HRRR...AND SFC OBS DEPICT TWO

SOMEWHAT DISCONCERTING TRENDS FOR TODAY/TONIGHT. BOTH MODELS

INDICATE BEST FORCING TRANSLATING ACROSS S/E AREAS ONLY...WITH

STRONGEST FGEN ACROSS MID HUDSON VALLEY AND NW CT...WITH MUCH

WEAKER FORCING FURTHER N/W. SHOULD RADAR TRENDS BEGIN TO INDICATE

THAT THIS MAY COME TRUE...SNOWFALL AMOUNTS MAY NEED TO BE TRIMMED

BACK...PERHAPS SIGNIFICANTLY...ACROSS AT LEAST NORTHERN VALLEY PORTIONS

OF THE WARNING AREA. IN ADDITION...LATEST SFC OBS INDICATE MAINLY

RAIN OCCURRING THUS FAR ACROSS EASTERN PA. THIS MAY BE RELATED TO

THE RELATIVELY WEAKER PRECIP RATES THUS FAR...AND ALSO SOME

SLIGHTLY WARMER BOUNDARY LAYER TEMPS. AS FORCING

INTENSIFIES...DYNAMICAL COLUMNAR COOLING MAY LEAD TO MORE SNOW.

AGAIN...BOTH OF THESE TRENDS WILL NEED TO BE WATCHED OVER THE NEXT

SEVERAL HOURS...AS EITHER OR BOTH COULD ULTIMATELY LEAD TO LESS

SNOWFALL ACROSS AT LEAST VALLEY PORTIONS OF THE REGION.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you really don't think WCT/southern WMA is still the jackpot? I mean it works out for me either way, because I'm home in possible jackpot A right now, and I'll be going back to possible jackpot B tomorrow :)

I didn't mean it looked bad for your area..just that these nudge east allows for the better banding to nudge east too.

somewhat concerning to see the 700mb low on the NAM over Kevin's head at 03z.

Yeah dry slot hell.

RUC going the same way but it's outside of it's useful range at that point.

If the Euro holds the course and the current situation supports it....great. If it caves west that dryslot could be a bugger on the CP until the cold air rushes in.

Well, the most reliable forecasting tool of all is in our favor. The smoke from the chimney is indicating snow. Never fails. Great to be outside before Halloween with snow on the ground and more, much more on the way. Looks and feels like December. I've had enough watching of the models. Now cast time upcoming and time to get outside and enjoy. Have fun boys!!! Vicious Winter incoming!! Vicious Vicious Winter!!!!

Well, the most reliable forecasting tool of all is in our favor. The smoke from the chimney is indicating snow. Never fails. Great to be outside before Halloween with snow on the ground and more, much more on the way. Looks and feels like December. I've had enough watching of the models. Now cast time upcoming and time to get outside and enjoy. Have fun boys!!! Vicious Winter incoming!! Vicious Vicious Winter!!!!

27_4.jpg

Good luck, y'all! been a blast as always following along and now its finally go time :thumbsup:

What a gift for all of us who waited weeks through all the awful temp talk. Now ski MRG will have snow up to his hair....which in this case goes down to his calves.

Just think you may have to wait another few years for a solution like this to occur..even in January.

This will be very hard to beat this winter. Another 6 weeks of temp talk to follow.

Archived