amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From top left, clockwise around: EPV (negative values shaded) and potential temp, RH (shaded) and ageostrophic vertical circulation, snow growth zone (shaded) and omega, and finally fgen.

So you have large values of fgen in the mid levels, located below the snow growth zone and below a zones of weakly stable to unstable air (as evidenced by -EPV values). Coupled with high RH values being transported up a sloping frontal surface. All signs point to excellent banding signature, in this case from the 12z GFS and placing this band out by 495.

I'm in. NYC now wit hvy snow most areas with temps now in the low 30s. When this hits, temps and snow will drop quickly.

fella things are rapidly evolving towards Boston metro having major underforecasts... NWS going for 1-3, TV forecasters going for maybe a little more

but the way things are looking upstream, warning criteria will be met in Brookline for sure

Final calls

Litchfield Libby- 9 inches

Wiz and Ryan - 12 inches

Blizz 16 inches

Will/Hunch- 18inches

MPM- 13

MRG-15

GAY- 11

Scoot 6

Jerry-10

Mess- 4

Phil 2 and 110 gusts

I think you could come out with Will totals, and I think you might take a couple of mine to get you there.. fun stuff for all of SNE. If I can muster some okay ratios, I might get double digits.

34.1/27

From top left, clockwise around: EPV (negative values shaded) and potential temp, RH (shaded) and ageostrophic vertical circulation, snow growth zone (shaded) and omega, and finally fgen.

So you have large values of fgen in the mid levels, located below the snow growth zone and below a zones of weakly stable to unstable air (as evidenced by -EPV values). Coupled with high RH values being transported up a sloping frontal surface. All signs point to excellent banding signature, in this case from the 12z GFS and placing this band out by 495.

Nice CSI, slantwise convection Ray gets smoked

Archived