e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked the rain bucket. Drenched in four nanoseconds meh. We are now up to 13 inches of rain so far THIS STORM (Irene dumped 4 inches here a week or so ago)

Heavy, heavy rain continues. This has been going on for three hours - constant rain - heavy then moderate, then heavy

Rain area expanding on radar. No end in sight.

Access to the eastbound Capital Beltway (I-495 Outer Loop) is now blocked at the Mixing Bowl in Springfield, due to high standing water. Cars that attempt to get on the Outer Loop coming from I-95 or I-395 will be blocked at the Mixing Bowl and forced to reroute. Cars that are already on the Outer Loop coming from Tyson's Corner will also be rerouted.

(From DC Alerts)

The spread of this heavy swath of rain from parts of VA to central NY is reminiscent of TS Agnes in 72. Wilkes Barre PA is now approaching record flood stage from Agnes. Conowingo will be opening more flood gates for sure. This event is spread out over a longer time period, now 4 days, vs. Agnes which was basically a 2/3 day event.

I'm with you.

My basement is flooding for the first time ever.

I'm sorry. I feel your pain. Just finished using the wet vac. My back hurts. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite weather events ever

Totally agree!! Loved it.

can I borrow that ark?

Can you swing by and pick me up?

Fairfax County Fire Department Live Feed:

http://www.radiorefe...io/?feedId=1620

Great site. Thanks, Matt!

Unofficial, but I hear that Fx County schools are closed tomorrow.

It's true:

All Fairfax County public schools will be closed on Friday, September 9, 2011

Lot of lightning toward Stafford, southern sky really lighting up. Really feel sorry for them with all that additional rain. Looks like we may finally be stabilizing. Rain has actually stopped. Finally got to go out without getting drenched in a tenth of a second.

I bet the Delaney Rd bridge is under water with that screaming creek running down that steep hill. Looks to get going again around here within the next 30 mins. Tapered down to light rain but lightning and thunder just south and east heading up. SE Fairfax Cty and far eastern Prince William near Occoquan has seen nearly 10 inches just today. Incredible.

Archived