EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why it seem to be dying off as it gets north? Is the whole system just running out of steam or is it just moving so slowly that, when it does arrive, it will be potentially bad catastrophic.

I haven't looked as I'm doing 12 million things but it's gotta be stabilization up this way to some degree. It can only rain so much before a break. Further SE was a pretty high cape environment earlier so they probably have more to work with. It's anyone's guess as to what happens next tho I guess

I haven't looked as I'm doing 12 million things but it's gotta be stabilization up this way to some degree. It can only rain so much before a break. Further SE was a pretty high cape environment earlier so they probably have more to work with. It's anyone's guess as to what happens next tho I guess

SPC meso still has 500 to 1000 SBCAPE and 500 MLCAPE over us... regrouping for later maybe?

Northern VA Klingon Anti Rain Shield is operational - Look at how south central PA is getting LEVELED by thunderstorms while we sit high, dry, AND clear of clouds

Dale City will see a few showers this week - but South Central PA is da Bomb for this event

Good call

a whopping .08" today from a training, severe sprinkle-storm. there are reports are numerous ant and flea drownings.

on the plus side, it has now been 4 consecutive days w/o the stupid sun, and we've had 4 days of below avg temps for the first time since April 2.

Consider yourself lucky. There's nothing fun about what happened around here.

I'll never again complain about getting shafted on storms. After just missing out on a couple inches here and there this summer, I've had my fill.

Given the 5"+ just from the evening storms, this little section of Burke probably ended up with nearly 9" today alone. That's really not cool.

Yes you will. You've shown no reflection based on feedback from other posters so far, so nothing's going to stop you from whining in a couple of months.

Charles county and Fairfax closed tomorrow due to flooding. Still raining in Dale City, but not as heavy. Showers seem to be staying south and slowly fizzling out, but we've seen this day after day with this system. It dies and you don't see much of anything and then more develops. But we should start to see a slow down overnight and not as widespread tomorrow.

Yes you will. You've shown no reflection based on feedback from other posters so far, so nothing's going to stop you from whining in a couple of months.

I don't know what the bolded part means.

As for the italicized part, I won't whine about missing out on winter rain. Snow, on the other hand...

If at least 2 people didn't die tonight, I would sort of be complaining that DC sort of got the shaft. All day long the band set up at the MOCO/DC border. Last night, it set up at the DC/PG border. But it's hard to complain. What would have10 inches of rain done today if it had fallen on all that concrete? Flood the Metro tunnels?

If at least 2 people didn't die tonight, I would sort of be complaining that DC sort of got the shaft. All day long the band set up at the MOCO/DC border. Last night, it set up at the DC/PG border. But it's hard to complain. What would have10 inches of rain done today if it had fallen on all that concrete? Flood the Metro tunnels?

We've "dodged a bullet" in the city... at least it's been raining frequently for like.. forever. I'm not that convinced there is not more decent rain tomorrow at this point. The whole pattern is breaking down but it's still relatively similar. Maybe 3rd time's a charm in the middle. :P

post-1615-0-38238700-1315537483.gif

We've "dodged a bullet" in the city... at least it's been raining frequently for like.. forever. I'm not that convinced there is not more decent rain tomorrow at this point. The whole pattern is breaking down but it's still relatively similar. Maybe 3rd time's a charm in the middle. :P

Imagine if Nate comes up and gets us.

post-1615-0-38238700-1315537483.gif

For the sake of those of us who have already had enough, I'd be happy to let you cash in tomorrow. You guys have gotten screwed.

Thanks for the comments. I will do nothing with them.

That's fine... You will you have to just put me on ignore because I will continue to point out your whiny posts that contribute absolutely nothing to this subforum. You got over 5" of rain so far, and since you aren't an Admin, you're expendable as you continue to whine through the winter.

Water vapor not really giving the impression this is just going to die down any time soon.

The 500 low doesnt really do much to the west. It slowly weakens on its ultimate journey to washing out but it's still pretty solid tomorrow. Katia is headed out.. not sure how that plays. It was sort of a road block and perhaps a source for nudging the frontal zone around. But the 500 low to the west is the big key. It should continue to wind down but some spots can still pile up totals perhaps.

Archived