EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking at the radar and ocnsidering my friend's location, how did you miss this much water??My friend lives in centerville, va and has gotten wacked by this storm.. There is a stream going thru glen echo, and I would be very interested in seeing how high it has gotten. It has a bridge over it for pedestrian traffic. Its about 10 ft high over the stream.

It hasn't been as heavy up here I think, though it's been coming down lightly for awhile.

Though I'll say my total was much lower than official obs in glen echo, maybe because my gauge us sited near some large trees, though mentioning that means I'm inflating my obs :P

Final Thursday Obs for Clarksburg, MD:

04 Sept: 0.53"

05 Sept: 0.93"

06 Sept: 1.72"

07 Sept: 1.68"

08 Sept: 3.49" (so far at 11pm)

Running Total: 7.35"

More disturbing ob is that I have found out that my basement floor is 3" below the new water table. Never flooded in the 54 year history of the house. Can't say that anymore... I sure hope we get a break tonight and the water table starts to drop.

Latest Obs for Clarksburg, MD:

08 Sept: 3.49"

09 Sept: 0.31" (as of Noon, moderate showers underway)

Running Total: 7.66"

Water continues to flow into two places in the basement an out the basement door. Ugly.

Water continues to flow into two places in the basement an out the basement door. Ugly.

das-is there a site I can check for the totals for IAD? Sorry about the basement. No more water leaking in my basement, but the carpets are still

damp. UGH.

That sucks - sorry to hear it.

I guess I'm lucky in that as soon as the rains let up from torrential downpour to moderate, the water was seeping in much less, until it stopped altogether about an hour or two later.

Posted this over on our forum too, but thought i'd share here as well

Photo of the Susquehanna River in Pa. where Perry / Dauphin County meet. Route 322 @ the Clarksferry Bridge.

no wonder exelon, the mgr of conowingo dam has opened all 50 flood gates today. Now downstream will get a taste of this today.

:(

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...

THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR

* PORTIONS OF MARYLAND...THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND NORTHERN

VIRGINIA...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...IN MARYLAND...ANNE

ARUNDEL...CARROLL...FREDERICK MD...HARFORD...HOWARD...

MONTGOMERY...NORTHERN BALTIMORE...PRINCE GEORGES AND SOUTHERN

BALTIMORE. THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA...

ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA...FAIRFAX...LOUDOUN AND

PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK.

* UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING

* MORE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE AREA

THROUGH THIS EVENING. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL TOTALS OF 1 TO 2

INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. WITH THE

GROUND ALREADY VERY SATURATED...THESE ADDITIONAL RAINFALL

AMOUNTS WILL BE ENOUGH TO PROMOTE FLOODING.

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING... THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR * PORTIONS OF MARYLAND...THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND NORTHERN VIRGINIA...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...IN MARYLAND...ANNE ARUNDEL...CARROLL...FREDERICK MD...HARFORD...HOWARD... MONTGOMERY...NORTHERN BALTIMORE...PRINCE GEORGES AND SOUTHERN BALTIMORE. THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA... ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA...FAIRFAX...LOUDOUN AND PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK. * UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING * MORE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE AREA THROUGH THIS EVENING. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL TOTALS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. WITH THE GROUND ALREADY VERY SATURATED...THESE ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL BE ENOUGH TO PROMOTE FLOODING.

Do not want.

Archived