Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...stop rain...now.

Got major water damage in one wall. Started with spots on the ceiling during Irene, which made me assume the wind was forcing the water in someway. Now the wall is actually puckered just below those spots on the ceiling (which have expanded). There's a thin film of water on the wall when I touch it. This is going to be a LOT of work to fix... :(

My situation -- about a week before Irene, had water dripping into dining room during a t-storm dump -- leaking came from where bay-window meets outer wall of house . Never had a leak before there or anywhere else. Had a roofing guy look at it -- he got up on roof and cleaned out gutters (which we do every year anyway) but he also ran a hose down the downspout -- that is where the clog was -- loads of leaves and gunk came out.

Went on vaca to OBX during Irene Week. Came home early (mandatory evac), anticipating more leaking from Irene, but no leaks recurred. And no leaks this week from Lee remnants, so problem was probably in the downspout.

With all the additional intense rain over past 10-14 days, am satisfied that I'm done with the leak, but in the future when I use a gutter-cleaning service, am gonna require they also flood the dowspouts for clogs while they're up on the roof.

Make sure the gutters are still where they are suppose to be. Last year, a small gutter on the side of our house came loose at one end and the water flowed in the wrong direction towards the brick fireplace and got into the house that way.

My situation -- about a week before Irene, had water dripping into dining room during a t-storm dump -- leaking came from where bay-window meets outer wall of house . Never had a leak before there or anywhere else. Had a roofing guy look at it -- he got up on roof and cleaned out gutters (which we do every year anyway) but he also ran a hose down the downspout -- that is where the clog was -- loads of leaves and gunk came out.

Went on vaca to OBX during Irene Week. Came home early (mandatory evac), anticipating more leaking from Irene, but no leaks recurred. And no leaks this week from Lee remnants, so problem was probably in the downspout.

With all the additional intense rain over past 10-14 days, am satisfied that I'm done with the leak, but in the future when I use a gutter-cleaning service, am gonna require they also flood the dowspouts for clogs while they're up on the roof.

Welcome to Maryland. Where red lights mean go and green lights mean stop. Where speed limits are treated like golf scores in the left lane. Where turn signals are a means of confusion, not clarity.

Well I live in Boston, where we have no traffic laws it seems..lol. It's the northeast in general.

In other news, maybe some tstms today? Especially nw of you guys in PA.

Hey Ian, how was the Cape?

great weather for the most part. rained monday but was already a travelling day for the most part anyway. i love the cape. if i ever go back to new england it will be there, hopefully. ;)

Archived