joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're on the west side of the front, so we're not getting any heavy rains or t-storms, but we're getting a steady, moderate rain. Temps dropped from the low 70s this afternoon to the low 60s when the rain moved in, ushered in with some gust NW winds. 58F currently. sump is running about every 12 minutes now :yikes:

House beside me has been vacant for the last 2 months, as the owner moved out of state, and hasn't rented or sold it yet. When she left I told her to leave that power on for the sump pump. Lo and behold, they turned it off less than two weeks ago. She dodged a bullet with Irene mostly missing us, but this time??

LWX seems to believe there may be a chance for some tornadoes up here Tuesday or Wednesday... and mentions 7 to 10 inches of rain. I am guessing that's for west of the BR... but wow

I mentioned Wed earlier. The 500mb setup is decent. I'm not really up on where the front would be tho as I've mainly been iPhoneing the last 5 days.

I mentioned Wed earlier. The 500mb setup is decent. I'm not really up on where the front would be tho as I've mainly been iPhoneing the last 5 days.

Glanced at NAM. Yeah I still like Wed better. Tomorrow the front may sag too far south. If it pops north on Wed with a closed 500 low to the west there could be some action. Probably fairly conditional but worth watching for sure if you like weak rain wrapped tornadoes.

We're on the west side of the front, so we're not getting any heavy rains or t-storms, but we're getting a steady, moderate rain. Temps dropped from the low 70s this afternoon to the low 60s when the rain moved in, ushered in with some gust NW winds. 58F currently. sump is running about every 12 minutes now :yikes:

House beside me has been vacant for the last 2 months, as the owner moved out of state, and hasn't rented or sold it yet. When she left I told her to leave that power on for the sump pump. Lo and behold, they turned it off less than two weeks ago. She dodged a bullet with Irene mostly missing us, but this time??

About 1.9" in the gauge since midnight.

That looks to be major training in MoCo/Howard/Carroll. Glad the rain is light here...ground is so dry and hard that it gives it time to soak in.

Moderate to heavy rain has been training over western Howard County for the last 2 hours. The "train" extends well back into west/central VA.

No doubt that flash flooding is occurring in parts of Montgomery and Howard Counties.

MDstorm

Archived