EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Lee's Remnants and the Mid-Atlantic

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of hard to understand why I have a 100% chance of rain tonight? The radar looks dead as can be to the south of the DC metro. Are the mets in Sterling straight up riding the models or what?

Also, when it's this moist out and this sort of setup, the rain can form directly over your house or neighbor's and sometimes can't be tracked coming in on radar. I noticed that there is a shower (allbeit small) getting ready to move over head and it was no where on radar just 20 minutes ago. The point is the 100 percent forecast is probably a good one, and chances are, near 100 percent of the people in your forecast area will see at least some rain at some point tonight

this has been a stellar wx year for us (not counting winter).

I enjoyed the winter too. Several dynamic events in Jan-Feb, after a cold, blustery Dec. We've seen worse.

My first 54 months with a weather station here, I only recorded 7 with an excess of 5.00" of precip.

In 2011, September looks on track to possibly be the 5th in the past 7 months, with another, August just short at 4.70"

NAM is more or less similar to ARW.. I guess I'd probably favor DC south and west. If I knew we'd get sun I'd take the over on 5 torn warnings (not verified) from earlier.. and I guess I might still do so before I go to bed. ;)

The setup is very good for some generally/likely weak tornadoes IMO.

NAM is more or less similar to ARW.. I guess I'd probably favor DC south and west. If I knew we'd get sun I'd take the over on 5 torn warnings (not verified) from earlier.. and I guess I might still do so before I go to bed. ;)

Those are probably the "best" kind if you want excitement with little to no fatality risk.

chase in dupont tomorrow?

what I was pointing out is that your eyeballing, and over-exaggerating history, have no place in a thread where it's dead easy to look up the actual river level as measured by objective scientific instruments.

:huh:

Read carefully next time.

I was asked, in quote, how the Potomac looked physically, not how deep I thought the water was. I described what I saw, and turns out it fit the data perfectly. If you're suspicious I'm exagerrating something (despite having the lowest rain totals in the MA forum to this point), that data is there for you to check...I was not asked how deep I thought the water was, which is why I did not give an answer there.

What's the Potomac look like right

now?

Trix, would you like to stop by? We can walk down to the river-side and fact-check for ourselves, though it's kind of dark and you might slip not knowing the trail.

I had 2.5" in 2008-2009. :(

I really enjoy the rainy days now that I'm older.

I think I was born a rainy-day person. This is a great area when its cloudy/ stormy. Big enough skies to satisfy me after 25 yrs of metro living. Gonna check out Bedington tomorrow and the River at Williamsport Thursday after work. Hope to get pics.

Whoa....locally run ARW is pretty bullish for tomorrow PM

Makes sense to me. We'll be back on the warm side of the front and the closed low is still churning along. NC had some pretty good storms today. Looks like we'll be in the same dynamics and airmass tomorrow.

Tropical remnant lows located to our SW have a history of spinning up weak tornados around here.

Tornado outbreak or bust

Only two reports today might not be a good sign, though actually the upper-air is probably a bit better tomorrow up here than it was in NC today. So, I'm not sure. Sun....

Hopefully it will work out this time and we will actually get some sun. It would be nice to see a couple more storms this year.

I'd guess we'll be hard pressed to see much. We might not even really need it, but it would help.

Storm totals in the Lower Susquehanna seem to range from 4.25" at Kmdt to around 5.75" out to the west in Cumberland County, so that tight gradiant appears to be somewhat in line

I'm sure it will generally work out. Perhaps I was overly (sounding at least) dismissive of it earlier. I was more focused on the stuff we've already seen on the eastern edge. Particularly north of here most of the eastern section has done much better than HPC or models would have suggested.

I have zero wish to have any real life interaction with you.

and you have no credibility re: obs. you'd do well to remember that.

Aside from your avoiding my original point, you'd make at least some sense if you could bring up just one recent measurement ob that you find suspicious. Of course you won't do it because there are none, every ob I have given over the past 6 months or so has been 100% legitimate.

You'd do well to put up or shut up. I was asked how the potomac "looked" physically, the question didn't involve you in any way, AKA, none of your business as you don't live anywhere near here. Your quote, if you have nothing productive to add, Don't add it! Nothing you added in regards to me was productive.

Archived