• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Obs.

dsaur

For some reason FFC has consistently overforecasted my high temps the last few weeks. For instance, the forecast high for today is 95 but the high so far is 91 and its down to 88 now. My high temps have been running 3-5 below the forecast. That's one reason why I think their forecast temps for next week are higher than they will actually be.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason FFC has consistently overforecasted my high temps the last few weeks. For instance, the forecast high for today is 95 but the high so far is 91 and its down to 88 now. My high temps have been running 3-5 below the forecast. That's one reason why I think their forecast temps for next week are higher than they will actually be.

What city do you live near or in? I have seen them bust occasionally but not really that bad for Atlanta. The GFS has been overplaying the heat but FFC has done a pretty good job imo.

Well, I picked up .03". The most rain I've had in 12 days. Better than nothing, although now it feels incredibly humid. I was just watching the Atlanta news and Channel 5 says highs near 100 and lows near 80 on Tues and Wed !!

For the person who asked where I live, I live in a small Central Georgia town called Carrollton. I have a limited number of posts per day so I didn't want to use up my post by telling where I lived.

Well, I picked up .03". The most rain I've had in 12 days. Better than nothing, although now it feels incredibly humid. I was just watching the Atlanta news and Channel 5 says highs near 100 and lows near 80 on Tues and Wed !!

What city do you live near or in? I have seen them bust occasionally but not really that bad for Atlanta. The GFS has been overplaying the heat but FFC has done a pretty good job imo.

Would you please answer on your location. You have been asked numerous times and constantly ignore it.

Nearly every model is now placing a major ridge right over the SE. It's gonna be very, very hot. The GFS, NAM and Euro all place a 594+ ridge right over the SE.

Would you please answer on your location. You have been asked numerous times and constantly ignore it.

Nearly every model is now placing a major ridge right over the SE. It's gonna be very, very hot. The GFS, NAM and Euro all place a 594+ ridge right over the SE.

Do you think this will be one of those long heat waves that lasts for weeks or a month or are we looking at a 2 or 3 day heat wave ? FFC says 30-40 pops every day the next week which I would think would be unusual if we were under a major ridge wouldn't it ?

Just got home from work. Finally a decent day of rain here. .87 thru the gauge so far. Wasn't raining in Asheville but had been earlier. Some of the muggiest weather for the mountians in a long time. The air was so thick it felt like you could slice thru it. Really somewhat of a tropical feel to it that we just don't get to often. Nice to have the rain at the house after a week of near misses!

Storm number 3 just hit Lake Norman. Storm number 4 is on it's way. it's been years since iv'e seen storms train like they are today.

Air seems to be getting stable now. high resolution radar shows moisture being chocked off. Storm number 4 will begin to erode soon.

Same here. but the rain started about 25 minutes ago, and it's still falling. After the heavy rains on Wednesday night, the creeks are full again, and everything is very green. Here are two pics I made last evening at sunset. The thunderstorms were forming between Shelby and Lincolnton, but it was cool to watch them boil up into such a deep blue sky.

What camera are you using for your pics? They all have a high key look.

Dark skies with thunder all afternoon and again...not a drop here, while the airport and areas all around me get close to another inch....ugh :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana:

I hate to hear that you keep missing by so close too. Sounds like here last Summer. Eventually, your luck has to switch.:thumbsup:

Storm number 3 just hit Lake Norman. Storm number 4 is on it's way. it's been years since iv'e seen storms train like they are today.

Air seems to be getting stable now. high resolution radar shows moisture being chocked off. Storm number 4 will begin to erode soon.

Sounds like yesterday here. There's anice line quickly moving this way, that may sweep across much of the area. Today has been brutal in terms of humidity here, and no rain yet. I don't see how the eastern Carolina guys stand it with dewpoints in mid and upper 70's.

Decent hit today picked up .70 so far.

Big rains just S of here.

Definitely. We've had downpour after downpour. The first wave came with some serious lightning. A few house fires by lightning this evening.

It's currently coming down hard again.

This forecast was a bust. 70% chance of rain and not a drop any around here or near the fire. NWS in Jacksonville talkin about some 3 inches possible in all the forecast zones over the next 48 hours. I still got tonight(30%) and tomorrow(70%) and Sunday(70%), with storms that could contain damaging winds tomorrow(twc forecast).

Severe T-Storm warning here now with that line coming from Rutherford County, looking forward to some more rain!

I got lucky with a pop up just ahead of the main line, which dropped .10", now the main line is getting me good. Moving fast though. Decent winds and lightning.

Archived