e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
July Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi folks, I havent been around much this spring/summer due to work and other responsibilities. Hope to post more though.

Still hoping the 2nd half of summer turns out cooler than the 1st half.

good to see you allan. take all the time you need just bring in the snow this year. That is when you are needed. Robert and you are the best

its about over now. Any other Summer I'd say this was a great storm, but for an incredible season like this one has been, its average. Lightning was just too close for comfort. Rain , as always, very welcome. Received .98". In addition to yesterday's 1.72". Not bad at all for here.

This storm looks nasty, NWS just warned it and seems to be intensifying.

It's pretty bad here.........multiple lightning strikes I'd say within a 1/4 mile, and a half inch of rain in 10 mins, with gusty winds. 1.24 now

i am down at myrtle beach camping. they banned us from camp fires yesterday. finally had several showers today but still under ban. looks like back home has had several inches in different spots according to my employees

Forsyth County is getting thumped right now. As for me, I'm at 2 1/2 inches since May 1st. Got thunder and lightening all round me again at the moment. Line of rain/storms from VA to SC line approaching and I;m just holding my breath and waiting for a last second screw job. Be nice to see these go al the way to the coast tonight, we sure ned it.

Extreme rain rates, and lightning with this one. Wow, what a storm. Its barrelling east and will be done, but I'm close to another inch I think.

We missed the worst thankfully but did get .25 of rain from the line. Hopefully we get a little more rain before things heat up early next week.

This storm looks nasty, NWS just warned it and seems to be intensifying.

It's pretty bad here.........multiple lightning strikes I'd say within a 1/4 mile, and a half inch of rain in 10 mins, with gusty winds. 1.24 now

Best storm of the year so far for me. Bound to be a few trees down in the area. 2.40 now. Wow! Looks like it's holding it's own as it goes toward eastern rockingham and eastern guilford

Forsyth County is getting thumped right now. As for me, I'm at 2 1/2 inches since May 1st. Got thunder and lightening all round me again at the moment. Line of rain/storms from VA to SC line approaching and I;m just holding my breath and waiting for a last second screw job. Be nice to see these go al the way to the coast tonight, we sure ned it.

be nice to see that rain reach us here in myrtle

Pretty bad when you can't squeeze anything out of an 80% chance on the juiciest, muggiest day/night of the summer so far. On the bright side, it was dry, except for the humidity, at the concert last night :)

Was good to see the parched coastal counties picking up some much needed rain yesterday. Guess it back to the water hoses here and try to keep things going.

Pretty bad when you can't squeeze anything out of an 80% chance on the juiciest, muggiest day/night of the summer so far. On the bright side, it was dry, except for the humidity, at the concert last night :)

Was good to see the parched coastal counties picking up some much needed rain yesterday. Guess it back to the water hoses here and try to keep things going.

Once that outflow boundary came by from the storms along the coast I started having some small doubts. Its amazing how we started with 70% then went down to 60% then down to 30% chances as the day wore on. Now we have gone from 60% today down to 40% but maybe we will get lucky and get a few storms around.

Congrats to all you guys out west that got crushed with the heavy rains again lastnight. Anyone have any good videos to show us?

If we don't get any rain between now and Tuesday, I can see us getting to 100oF. FFC has me at 98oF for Tuesday.

Haven't hit 100 IMBY since 2007 (and even then we might have only hit 99). Getting above 96 or so is really tough it seems for this area, and if we have moist air and high ground moisture I really doubt we'll go above forecast highs.

Nothing here either in a while...

looks like we got skipped again - that was basically an entire week with 60%+ probabilities and nothing. :angry: did get a shower this morning, with a whopping .16" lol

Here in Gwinnett County, I've had 6 consecutive days with precipitation, 4.12" total with 3.96" of that in one day. We got lucky. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

:P the same places up here have also been hit daily and probably have had that much rain. those of us that kept getting missed, well kept getting missed. the love was definitely not being spread around this week :drunk:

12z GFS appears to have backed down on the intensity of its heatwave. It "only" has upper 90's and low 100's on the hottest days.

12zgfstmaxint_NC108.gif

Wxkid/folks,

Fwiw, the 6Z 7/9 gfs has backed off further on the very intense heat with "only" +22 C at 850 and 98 F at the sfc for 7/12-3 for KATL. Compare this to just 24 hours earlier when that 6Z gfs had 26C as the hottest at 850 and 103 F as the hottest at the sfc. The 0Z 7/9 Euro also has its hottest at 850 at ~+22C. Even the Euro has cooled about 1 C in the last 24 hours.

http://wxweb.meteost...shtml?text=KATL

+

Archived