joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the top 5 hottest months at RDU since 1887 August2007 84.12903 July1993 82.46774 July2010 82.29032 July2005 82.24194 August1900 82.22581 Currently through 7/21 July 2011 is at 82.07F. Our low this morning was 78, if we hit 102 again today (99 as of 1pm) our average would be 82.43 putting it up to third so far on the list. WIth the heat likely to last the rest of the month for the most part, we have a legitimate shot at making July 2011 the hottest month on record at RDU.

why would you want that anyway? I work outside and it is miserable on my guys so really don't want to see 100

95, 100, 102 - honestly what's the difference really? It's not much hotter on the body and humidity is high all over the eastern US. It's hot, some places are just slightly hotter today.

A few thoughts....

1)Didn't see this intense heat (all over)predicted by CPC this spring ...seems like they were going normal on temps...I could be remembering wrong.

2)Alot of those folks up north don't have the AC like we do down here....It's rare here in the south to see a home with no AC.....

3)As we hit the end of May here, temps said "oh, snap!!! let's bring on the 90's".....and it hasn't let up since....thankful that I have my AC.

4)Saw numerous clouds towering on the way home from the grocery store....maybe today it will rain....especially since I have had soooo many near misses the last few days....only got the consolation prize (thunder)....radar still empty :angry: .....but if no rain....thankful that I have AC.

95, 100, 102 - honestly what's the difference really? It's not much hotter on the body and humidity is high all over the eastern US. It's hot, some places are just slightly hotter today.

there is a difference when its near 95, but the biggest problem we have is the humidity. Nasty sticky out here.

Newark did it. They are at 106. New All time record high.

Statement as of 1:35 PM EDT on July 22, 2011

... Record high temperature set at Newark NJ...

A record high temperature of 106 degrees was set at Newark NJ today.

This breaks the old record of 101 set in 1957 and the all time

record of 105 set on August 9, 2001. Records began at newwark NJ in

Wow! The heat up north is amazing! Now I feel bad for complaining that I've had no rain lately...currently I'm sitting out on my porch swing in the shade with a nice and comfy 85.5 degrees :snowman:

Benefits of the mountains! :thumbsup:

88.5 IMBY on the other side of the range. Maybe I'll hit 90 today for only the 3rd time in July. Last year I hit 90+ 14 times in July. I'm glad it's cooler this year. :arrowhead:

I have hit 90 22 times in June and already 17 times in July. I've also had 12 days where the low temp didn't go below 70 this month.

I've had a high DP of 81.1, a high heat index of 116.1, and a high temp of 97.3. Oh... and 5.87" of rain.

Avg high for July: 91.5

Avg low for July: 69.0

Yeah. Its summer here too. sad4.gif

Archived