12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

screw job again here - heavy rain about a mile from mby, rain all around but hot, humid and no rain yet again. starting to get really jealous for the areas that keep getting rain around here every day while i hear thunder but stay high and dry :whistle:

Only .25" here... Semi-screwed would be the term.

sorry i disagree, see correction above lol. i have gotten a couple of .25 amounts the last couple of weeks (that i will admit have added up a bit). but when areas just a couple of miles away keep getting blasted every day and i end up with some sun and light rain and a little thunder in the distance .25 is a screw amount :devilsmiley: another storm heading this way from the ne to sw, and yep its weakening as it approaches. sigh. sometimes i think being able to look at a radar at home can be hazardous to my well being :scooter:

sorry i disagree, see correction above lol. i have gotten a couple of .25 amounts the last couple of weeks (that i will admit have added up a bit). but when areas just a couple of miles away keep getting blasted every day and i end up with some sun and light rain and a little thunder in the distance .25 is a screw amount :devilsmiley: another storm heading this way from the ne to sw, and yep its weakening as it approaches. sigh. sometimes i think being able to look at a radar at home can be hazardous to my well being :scooter:

What's your total for july so far?

What's your total for july so far?

its depressing considering a lot of the other amounts in ga. i have literally been squeezed with storms to the n and s almost all month. cut off has been between 3-7 miles of mby :( happened again twice today. the most from any storm has been .40 but mostly .25 or less each time.

total for the month is right around 2" :whistle:

its depressing considering a lot of the other amounts in ga. i have literally been squeezed with storms to the n and s almost all month. cut off has been between 3-7 miles of mby :( happened again twice today. the most from any storm has been .40 but mostly .25 or less each time.

Your luck will change soon. Before today I had .37" for the month while most areas around me had at least 3" for the month. Every time a storm would approach me it would either fade out, or split into two and miss me to the north and south.

We got rained on around 2ish in Gainesville, then again around 6ish at home. Luckily didn't have to drive on 365 in the rain!

Time to go water the ferns now, tho...

You have been getting the shaft. I'm at 4.11" so far for July.:guitar:

That's been the story around here for the last couple of months. Before today, I had a total for july of around 0.75ish. Everywhere around me has gotten more for what seems like forever. Frustrating to say the very least to see the same areas get hit virtually every day to the south of me while the lakes and streams are drying up here.

But I finally (and barely) got a good storm today and got 1 inch. Like cheeznado though, I was tinkering on the edge the entire time. And it rained at least twice as much just a few miles to the west, with nearly 3 inches to the NE of me however. It's fortunate that these cells sort of anchored themselves in one spot around here and moved very little or it would have been a 5 minute shower and another lookout screwzone classic.

Didn't do much for the lakes/creeks here but at least the very dead grass can come somewhat back to life for a few days before the heat kills it again.

You have been getting the shaft. I'm at 4.11" so far for July.:guitar:

:axe:

The shaft here too- 1.76" this month.

With all the action in downtown that is a real screw job. And as Lookout posted a few posts back...so close but so far for him too. I drove thru big downpours yesterday at 330pm from Turner Field thru about where 400 splits off 85. And the radar has this area just getting redevelopment for about an hour.

Really shafted here, 1.26. Keep watching them everywhere but here.:arrowhead:

Wow! That really surprises me but if you watch the radar most of the storms have been firing up along the ridge line and then moving southwest off the ridge line....which is unfortunately away from Blairsville.

Well at least there are a few others getting shafted along with mby lol. The frustrating part (which moto confirmed) is areas really close are 4-6" but not here :( the storms form and look like they are heading on a direct hit. Then nada

It may be this areas slightly higher elevation sends the storms around it (it looks like it on radar at least) oh well

Really shafted here, 1.26. Keep watching them everywhere but here.:arrowhead:

I hate to say it but I'm glad I haven't been the only one being screwed...misery loves company lol.

What makes it especially sickening was the models for days on end were showing good to even high amounts a while back and ffc/gsp were putting out 50 to 60% chances and during that time I got nothing...and obviously I wasn't the only one.

With all the action in downtown that is a real screw job. And as Lookout posted a few posts back...so close but so far for him too. I drove thru big downpours yesterday at 330pm from Turner Field thru about where 400 splits off 85. And the radar has this area just getting redevelopment for about an hour.

Wow! That really surprises me but if you watch the radar most of the storms have been firing up along the ridge line and then moving southwest off the ridge line....which is unfortunately away from Blairsville.

There has been a pattern here of late that has been really remarkable (and maddening) around here and that is storms hitting the same areas over and over and day after day. Case in point, southern oglethorpe county to my south got hit 7 days in a row with either showers or storms, sometimes twice in one day, and during that entire length of time I got nothing or sprinkles. I don't know if it was because these areas that kept getting hit sort of caused a feedback loop due to the weak flow so the moisture would pool in the same area each day due to the wet ground or what but it was crazy how many times it happened while I was left high and dry.

Indeed it seemed like that was the case from memory over the last two weeks and looking at radar estimates over that time shows a similar pattern where many areas got nothing while some areas were hit over and over. And since july 1st, there is a dominate hole over NE ga from around athens to around lula and then NE.

It's one thing though to get storms to miss you by 5 or 6 miles but I don't know if I ever remember so many days where storms got to within 1 or 2 miles (several times less than a mile) and come away with nothing. It became so routine I stopped being mad over it (trust me that in and of itself is extraordinary LOL) ..I actually came to expect it each day and sure enough it would happen.

I hate to say it but I'm glad I haven't been the only one being screwed...misery loves company lol.

What makes it especially sickening was the models for days on end were showing good to even high amounts a while back and ffc/gsp were putting out 50 to 60% chances and during that time I got nothing...and obviously I wasn't the only one.

There has been a pattern here of late that has been really remarkable (and maddening) around here and that is storms hitting the same areas over and over and day after day. Case in point, southern oglethorpe county to my south got hit 7 days in a row with either showers or storms, sometimes twice in one day, and during that entire length of time I got nothing or sprinkles. I don't know if it was because these areas that kept getting hit sort of caused a feedback loop due to the weak flow so the moisture would pool in the same area each day due to the wet ground or what but it was crazy how many times it happened while I was left high and dry.

Indeed it seemed like that was the case from memory over the last two weeks and looking at radar estimates over that time shows a similar pattern where many areas got nothing while some areas were hit over and over. And since july 1st, there is a dominate hole over NE ga from around athens to around lula and then NE.

It's one thing though to get storms to miss you by 5 or 6 miles but I don't know if I ever remember so many days where storms got to within 1 or 2 miles (several times less than a mile) and come away with nothing. It became so routine I stopped being mad over it (trust me that in and of itself is extraordinary LOL) ..I actually came to expect it each day and sure enough it would happen.

I bet it will change. I get in a similar patterns every year for about a month or so where everything is a just miss and then it just changes. The first 21 days of June this year I got 1.10" while just 5-6 miles to my east at the UGA Dahlonega station they received 2.98". The bigger storms were constantly just to my east and I would just get grazed every now and then. Here lately I seem to be getting lucky although not quite so much as our friends in the Kennesaw area.

But up here there is a definite advantage of having the mountain peaks to aid the afternoon storm development....except if you live in Blairsville....for now...:arrowhead: When the storms start moving from south to north then Rosie will be getting all the action and I'll just sit and watch them fire up on the range and drift away.

Past 2pm and only just ticked over to 88. If this keeps up come winter I might actually see snow here while N. Ga. get all rain, lol. Clouds are building but it has been mostly sunny all day. The humidity is the bear out there today. T

You have had a pretty good July :hug:

screw job again here - heavy rain about a mile from mby, rain all around but hot, humid and no rain yet again. starting to get really jealous for the areas that keep getting rain around here every day while i hear thunder but stay high and dry :whistle:

Total imby for the month is .65 while CAE has had over 3" :lol:

I'm off to the American Weather conference to represent for the SE... :)

2 weeks of no rain.

Have a great time and don't forget to post some pictures! :wub:

:lol: I'm starting to wonder what I have done lately that has pissed off the weather gods :P

Tuesday's high 100, Wednesday's high 102................ Today's forecasted high 102, Friday's forecasted high 102, Saturday's forecasted high 101. :(:angry:

Consecutive Days

Maximum Temperature >= 100.0 degrees F

Years: 1887-2011

...Rank # Days End Date

1 8 7/14/1986

2 7 8/11/2007, 7/11/1990

3 6 7/14/1992, 7/11/1977, 6/27/1956, 7/24/1952, 6/28/1952

Archived