12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got .22" this evening. Even though I was in Rome where they got quite a bit more.

My house just got screwed by a mile, maybe less. Watching the radar from work and I want to cry. Unbelievable. :thumbsdown: Everyone at work is panicing about the storm coming, Tons of thunder and Lightning and not drop.

I'm so sorry man. Don't worry, your flood is coming! :thumbsup:

:wub: I would too, but this time I would like to have it come into Savannah instead of Charleston.:wub:

Hush, you! ;) We'd need another huge mess like we had from David in 1979 like we'd need a hole in our heads. Trees were down everywhere, there were power outages of 4 days to two weeks, etc. We were sweltering with no A/C in the awful hot/humid conditions. That was a borderline cat 1/cat 2. If the next one here were to be a strong cat. 2 or higher, virtually everyone would be evacuating due to the threat of a big surge (surges were horrible here several times in the 1800's) and the associated inland floods from the numerous rivers. The tree damage would be horrible since it has been so long since David. Of course, Sav. is a bit overdue, and it wouldn't shock me if they were to be hit again sometime within the next 20 years. Hopefully, if there is one, it will be no worse than a cat 1. Even a strong TS would be bad enough. Yes, I'm being selfish. Let them go somewhere else lol.

Check the radar loop of Cobb County..... I got a few drops and that was all. I could easily see areas just a mile or two away from me getting 2"+.

Just experienced the ultimate screw job. I wish I could post a radar loop of my location. Some of you would get some serious laughs from it. No other way to explain it other than a big pickard facepalm.

:facepalm:

I drove home through the storm from Powder Springs to Emerson. I went from deluge and street flooding to dry pavement in about a quarter of a mile. The cutoff was right at the Emerson city limits. I'm not complaining though since we got 2.2" the day before.

My area has just missed the storms the last two days. I got a power surge yesterday from the close lightning, but only a few big drops of rain. The day before a nice outflow pushed temps into the low 80's in the afternoon. Still as hot and humid as it is, nowhere near 100 here yet. My max has been 94 on my Thermo. and 95 at the airport.

post-38-0-08849800-1311334308.gif

Any signs of this heat pump breaking down over the next week or so?

We'll for me the end game is in sight. High School Football practice officially starts in one week and It will give me the mojo to get through August. For those who aren't obsessed with the pigskin, maybe the tropics will spark to life. 81 on the way into work at 5;45 this morning. Hope all those who complain about winter weather during D/J/F are enjoying the weather.:arrowhead:

It's going to be absolutely ugly for the Toby Keith/Eric Church concert tonight! We're actually debating on whether to go or not. Us AARP-age folks take the heat about as well as a Hershey Bar on the dashboard of a closed up car :D

It was interesting yesterday... dewpoint had dropped down to 64, then an outflow went through, dumping lots of pine needles and yellowing tulip tree leaves in the yard from the gusts, and almost immediately the DP jumped to 70. Closest storms got within 18 miles, close enough to hear someone elses' thunder again. Oh well...

Hot and humid here, but nothing like what's going on to my east and northeast. EWR (Newark) hit 100 before 11 this morning. Amazing how places so much to our north can get so hot...AFAIK the record high for my town is 102. It would make more sense if the mid atlantic had lower DPs and was baking under a hot, dry airmass, but their dew points are running close to 80 in spots.

Hot and humid here, but nothing like what's going on to my east and northeast. EWR (Newark) hit 100 before 11 this morning. Amazing how places so much to our north can get so hot...AFAIK the record high for my town is 102. It would make more sense if the mid atlantic had lower DPs and was baking under a hot, dry airmass, but their dew points are running close to 80 in spots.

I'm wondering if Va has ever had such high HI's before. Check this out, and this is just as of 11am. HI of 124 in warrenton!

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
WASH NATIONAL  MOSUNNY   97  77  52 E3        29.92S HX 112
DULLES         MOSUNNY   96  75  50 NW6       29.93S HX 108
FORT BELVOIR   MOSUNNY   97  75  49 VRB2      29.92S HX 109
QUANTICO       SUNNY     89  80  74 S6        29.93S HAZE    HX 106
FREDERICKSBRG* MOSUNNY   97  81  59 CALM      29.92R HX 118
STAFFORD*      SUNNY     93  82  70 W3        29.97S HX 117
***WARRENTON      SUNNY     99  82  59 W5        29.94S HX 124***
CULPEPER*      MOSUNNY   97  79  56 CALM      29.94F HX 115
MANASSAS*      MOSUNNY   97  77  52 W6        29.93S HX 112
LEESBURG*      SUNNY     95  75  52 W7        29.94S HX 107
WINCHESTER     SUNNY     95  77  55 NW5       29.96F HX 109

And the winner for most absurd dewpoint goes to....this is just sick.

FORT EUSTIS SUNNY 91 87 87 SW3 29.94S HX 123

JFK has already passed 100 apparently; they issued a record statement. Will RDU get to 104?

It appears we are witnessing a memorable heat wave that will not soon be forgotten by many folks. I'm anxiously awaiting the updated temps for noon. Some of these location breaking 100 before noon is pretty exceptional.

Edit : Raleigh at 98 on their 11:51 update. Very intense.

Cental Park, NY - 100

Newark - 100

all before noon

edit 2 : The GFS is busting low on all these locations. Pretty lol worthy with how it busted way over so badly a couple weeks ago around here.

No end in sight for us either. The GFS paints an ugly picture all the way through the 16 day forecast frame.....

All time record high for newark is 105...They will be making a legitimate run at that today.

The BWI afd this morning said they don't keep records on heat indexes but the highest they found for DCA is 122. There are a lot of stations now showing HIs at, near, or above 120 now at noon. If records were kept on it, today would have to break them. One station is reportedly showing a HI of 130! I'm not sure if that's accurate but Several stations have head indexes between 120 and 124. Just astounding numbers.

The BWI afd this morning said they don't keep records on heat indexes but the highest they found for DCA is 122. There are a lot of stations now showing HIs at, near, or above 120 now at noon. If records were kept on it, today would have to break them. One station is reportedly showing a HI of 130! I'm not sure if that's accurate but Several stations have head indexes between 120 and 124. Just astounding numbers.

All of this makes my lack of rain and my low-mid 90's seem so much more bearable. I was up in Syracuse on wednesday of last week till Monday this week it was nice, really beautiful weather. Yesterday they hit 101 their second highest temp all time. Quite a few places don't have central a/c up there. This heat wave is beyond ridiculous, I think the correct word is historic.

edit : pulled from another sub forum. If you think you have it bad in the SE look at these numbers from last night. Those numbers are average highs this time of year for them. I'm getting nothing done at work today, way to enthralled with this historic heat wave in progress.

The lows from this morning (as best I can recall) EWR - 86 LGA - 86 NYC - 84 JFK - 81 ME - 75

Archived