mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
July Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had rain 3 days in a row....This is awesome...grass and shrubs really looking healthy...so healthy that they all need trimming....booo! Kinda hard to get done when hubby is working 50 or more hours a week.....HVAC work is really good pay in the summer,but too tired to spend the money..lol! Also to tired to do any yard work.....today would have been great temp wise,but sometimes rest is more important.

Unbelievable how dry this month has been. Only .37" as of July 16th and no real good rain chances in sight. This could go down as the driest July ever for some areas in the southeast. I'm wondering if the very dry ground will enhance the heat next week ?

Theres a few dots of .25" or so around Athens to Gainesville, and just east of Atlanta. Much of GA has actually done okay so far this month it looks like. Sorry you keep missing out.

post-38-0-38557000-1310867747.jpg

Check out 2007. I had less than a quarter in July that month, only 21" the whole year. It could be much, much worse.

post-38-0-18639000-1310867737.jpg

I doubt we'll get another weekend like this anytime soon in July again. Unreal on the temps and comfort level. The sun finally peeked out briefly this afternoon here, and everything is just stunning green. It never has turned brown really this season, even the leaves are much bigger than I've ever seen them on the trees here. Thats the first thing I noticed in late May, just how large the leaves were. Still feels weird to see it.

Well I'm still up here in new york! I'm really glad you guys got to enjoy some wedge action this weekend. I'll be back Monday night and it looks like some dreadful heat is on the way back for the souteast. The temps and DP's up here have been realy nice. I've driven all over NY this week, seeing Niagara Falls, The adarondacks and the catskill mountain ranges. It's basically feels like fall in georgia up here. Amazing!! It was hot today up here with a high of 91 in syracuse but the DP topped out only at 62 today and it's already down to a 52 DP at 1AM. I was in Endicott part of the day today and the temp was 85 with a DP in the 50's. REally spectualr weather all around. It's really amazing how much DP's have an impact on how it feels outside. The 85 and 91 today really felt good in the shade. The first morning I was here we had morning temp down into the upper 40's. The low DP's have felt amazing, I can't wait for them to make it down to the Southeast!!!! I'm looking forward to posting more often once I return. May you guys all have intersting weather and I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Via the Fish on Facebook

WRAL Weather After a few splendid days, a long spell of what some would call vicious heat is just around the corner. Four times this year, we have experienced temperatures of 95 or higher on three consecutive days. It appears that we are on the brink of a streak far longer than 3 days. Could it be 6 days, or 7 days, or more? Indeed it could. This is going to be nasty - hang in! ---Greg Fishel

At least there's a hint of afternoon and evening showers/storms from midweek on.

I doubt we'll get another weekend like this anytime soon in July again. Unreal on the temps and comfort level. The sun finally peeked out briefly this afternoon here, and everything is just stunning green. It never has turned brown really this season, even the leaves are much bigger than I've ever seen them on the trees here. Thats the first thing I noticed in late May, just how large the leaves were. Still feels weird to see it.

locals are saying 98 next thurs and friday. Do you think we get that hot? We are installing sod on monday and that will not be good at all for it

My low was 64.8 at 6:48. Wonder how often that happens?

It would not be out of the relm of possibilities for this to happen at any time of year. For instance, during a winter storm you could have a low of 30.5 degrees at 3:05am but it would be rare. It would be more likely during the summer months due to the time of day that the sun rises and the average low temperature. Still very interesting when it happens.

locals are saying 98 next thurs and friday. Do you think we get that hot? We are installing sod on monday and that will not be good at all for it

that would be the hottest its got all year here, Or tied with it, and so far I don't see western NC all that hot yet. The ridge looks a smidge weaker this time compared with the other two heat waves, and if you look at the GFS , its once again overdoing the high temps, esp right around areas west of I-77. The ECMWF keep temps in the Apps and the western Carolnas and much of northern Ala and Ga in the upper 80s to low 90's during the heat wave, but upper 90's in eastern NC and north through eastern VA and I-95 next Thursday through Sunday. I'd take a blend, meaning mid 90's on the hottest days probably Thurs/Fri/Sat in your area, but there will be some convection around esp right around your area and the mtns again almost daily, so thats another reason i think western Carolinas will not get overly hot temps again, combined with much wetter grounds than out east.

Its still 5 to 7 days away so theres time to change a little but thats how I think right now. On Tuesday, there might be good convective coverage in NC coming from the north, and after that is when the ridge builds in and maybe right over top, but it doesn't look stronger than anything we've had yet, and is probably slightly weaker than the other 2 major heat waves. Dewpoints look lower with this one slightly as well. But still plenty uncomfortable. It doesn't look to last very long if the GFS is right, and this ridge gets replaced with troughing again and probably a relative precip max in the Carolinas and Tenn Valley in the longer range.

what a difference the sun makes - its not even 80 but already feels a lot warmer and more humid than yesterday....it was certainly a nice break. i will be very happy when these heat waves (like the one coming up) are a thing of the past.

that would be the hottest its got all year here, Or tied with it, and so far I don't see western NC all that hot yet. The ridge looks a smidge weaker this time compared with the other two heat waves, and if you look at the GFS , its once again overdoing the high temps, esp right around areas west of I-77. The ECMWF keep temps in the Apps and the western Carolnas and much of northern Ala and Ga in the upper 80s to low 90's during the heat wave, but upper 90's in eastern NC and north through eastern VA and I-95 next Thursday through Sunday. I'd take a blend, meaning mid 90's on the hottest days probably Thurs/Fri/Sat in your area, but there will be some convection around esp right around your area and the mtns again almost daily, so thats another reason i think western Carolinas will not get overly hot temps again, combined with much wetter grounds than out east.

Its still 5 to 7 days away so theres time to change a little but thats how I think right now. On Tuesday, there might be good convective coverage in NC coming from the north, and after that is when the ridge builds in and maybe right over top, but it doesn't look stronger than anything we've had yet, and is probably slightly weaker than the other 2 major heat waves. Dewpoints look lower with this one slightly as well. But still plenty uncomfortable. It doesn't look to last very long if the GFS is right, and this ridge gets replaced with troughing again and probably a relative precip max in the Carolinas and Tenn Valley in the longer range.

thank you. You have helped me so much the last couple of years with information that i need for working outside. you need to start a service like JB has for years. I am sure others on here would be interested

Archived