• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc - June/early July 2011 edition

Ellinwood

Probably will end up going that route at some point. Battery life on this thing sucks though so I'm trying to figure out what I absolutely need and what I can wait on (until I get an extended battery - they aren't available yet).

3D weather pics are awfully fun though :)

Which Android phone did you pick up?

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this persistent low cloud deck today, if I didn't know different, looking out the window I would feel comfortable guessing it to be late February as opposed to late June.

I was thinking this exact thing a little while ago. If it weren't for the grass and trees being green, it would look a lot like a dreary winter day outside. This past weekend that was forecast to be sunny earlier last week was anything but. I'm really hoping the cold front gets through here later tomorrow to clear all this out for Wednesday through Friday.

HTC Evo 3D! Great phone - really beat out the bad reviews on it.

I was looking at that in Best Buy yesterday. I have a Thunderbolt for work, but the thing is unstable as hell - very disappointing. Was thinking about the EVO 3D for personal use. Just wish phone companies would allow us to purchase just the data plans, without voice, to make it cheaper.

I was looking at that in Best Buy yesterday. I have a Thunderbolt for work, but the thing is unstable as hell - very disappointing. Was thinking about the EVO 3D for personal use. Just wish phone companies would allow us to purchase just the data plans, without voice, to make it cheaper.

I love Sprint - very affordable and unlimited data rocks.

If we were having a ridiculously perfect weather contest, today would have a shot to place. Brilliant blue skies, comfortable temps, no humidity to speak of. Just gorgeous out when I took a walk at lunch.

Highly agree! From the visible satellite, it looks like most of the folks in our region are enjoying a clear, sunny day.

MOS pulling back yet again, with the ridge flattening as it approaches the East Coast. If the rain/clouds can hold off in the morning, 850s are suggesting low-mid 90s over the extended weekend.

-----

Month-in-review anomalies for June...

Station: Temp, Precip

DCA: +4.2, -1.45"

IAD: +4.0, -2.67"

BWI: +3.9, +0.08"

June 2011 Temp. Departure Map:

post-96-0-88164400-1309522497.gif

June 2010 Temp. Departure Map:

post-96-0-13614100-1309522505.gif

MOS pulling back yet again, with the ridge flattening as it approaches the East Coast. If the rain/clouds can hold off in the morning, 850s are suggesting low-mid 90s over the extended weekend.

-----

Month-in-review anomalies for June...

Station: Temp, Precip

DCA: +4.2, -1.45"

IAD: +4.0, -2.67"

BWI: +3.9, +0.08"

June 2011 Temp. Departure Map:

post-96-0-88164400-1309522497.gif

June 2010 Temp. Departure Map:

post-96-0-13614100-1309522505.gif

Looks like my 2010 analog is working out pretty well.

Archived