• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What is your least favorite weather month?

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April is it in my opinion. Unless we get a rogue snowstorm (already did that) it just blows donkey ballz.

Last April was ok once the winter threats went poof (in late Feb I guess). This one is just a typical SNE mess. Cold, but not enough for snow. Damp... dreary.

Wake me in May

April can be one of the best times to ski in NNE, although IMBY, it's usually not that great.

November hands down. Getting exciting for winter, but still rare we get anything of significance, and the woods aren't ready to be skied yet meaning a bunch of people are all crowded into the same handful of trails.

Dark early... Thanksgiving is great, but not weather related.

April wx like today is lousy, but my best east coast ski day ever was a Jay bluebird on Apr. 7th, and the early season heatwaves we've had the last few years are the best days of the year IMO.

Halter-top day, wiffle ball, leaves not out letting the sun in everywhere, no bugs, renewed vigor, bonfires to burn up winter's debris, mexican food and dos equis ambers with a lime.

November hands down. Getting exciting for winter, but still rare we get anything of significance, and the woods aren't ready to be skied yet meaning a bunch of people are all crowded into the same handful of trails.

Dark early... Thanksgiving is great, but not weather related.

April wx like today is lousy, but my best east coast ski day ever was a Jay bluebird on Apr. 7th, and the early season heatwaves we've had the last few years are the best days of the year IMO.

Halter-top day, wiffle ball, leaves not out letting the sun in everywhere, no bugs, renewed vigor, bonfires to burn up winter's debris, mexican food and dos equis ambers with a lime.

You make April sound not so bad... April skiing can be the bomb, as can"nice" April days...

September or October is usually brutal. Pretty much no chance at any interesting weather during that period (except the rogue late October snow event) if its not the 1 in 20 years where a good hurricane hits New England.

April isn't far behind, but we can (and do) get some decent snow events every now and then....recently it had been in a slump though.

April is no prize... But July is definitely the worst - the most uncomfortable month of the year. At least in August the end is in sight.

April is it in my opinion. Unless we get a rogue snowstorm (already did that) it just blows donkey ballz.

Last April was ok once the winter threats went poof (in late Feb I guess). This one is just a typical SNE mess. Cold, but not enough for snow. Damp... dreary.

Wake me in May

When I used to reside in New England - especially Eastern New England - it was April, hands down. Being in Boston sitting at 39 with drizzle is no picnic, especially when it's near 70 all the way to 495.

But April down near NYC is a much tamer animal, especially the latter half of the month when our averages get well up into the 60s and there is far less maritime taint. I'd say that November is the worst (for obvious reasons) with March a close second... we can get some snow (the last few years haven't worked out so well), but generally it stays up there in NE.

September or October is usually brutal. Pretty much no chance at any interesting weather during that period (except the rogue late October snow event) if its not the 1 in 20 years where a good hurricane hits New England.

April isn't far behind, but we can (and do) get some decent snow events every now and then....recently it had been in a slump though.

Disagree. At least September has beautiful weather you can go outside and enjoy. For me, the worst month has to be November. We're excited for winter, but most of the time, it's just cold, dark, and rainy, and it gets dark so early.

Don't understand the argument for November. Winter is just getting going. We have some snow threats showing up, and if nothing else, some pretty good long range discussions. Gotta love the austere brown look too. Nothing like it. It's an extremely unique seasonal transition.

Disagree. At least September has beautiful weather you can go outside and enjoy. For me, the worst month has to be November. We're excited for winter, but most of the time, it's just cold, dark, and rainy, and it gets dark so early.

September has great outdoor weather...but its probably the most boring weather month. So in terms of weather excitement, its terrible for me personally.

mid march to mid april...the snow threats are primarily gone and its often windy and the ocean is still really cold. there are times when there can be some awesome spring days in the ct river valley but they do not always happen and the days of 40s rain or less than 55 degrees with changeable skies and breezy condtions gets old so very fast.

November is a great month.

Low light, ominous skies, first real snow threats, first pond skating.

Deep autumn. The woods have fully opened up, the ground is hardening and the last bugs are gone.

Hibernating animals haven't yet gone to ground. They are still busy, and visible, preparing for their doze.

Apr/May stink. I won't even list why as those months are slatterns and drabs not worthy of descriptors. Early June is a trull also.

As love of winter is the common bond here I'll draw a sex metaphor to illustrate my point. (Miley Cyrus fans will only become more confused though)

Late August is the first stirrings- the first flush coming in to foliage. The belly is full after a summer of plenty and we relax, exchanging a look with her in our repose.

September blood begins to rise in our quickening. Foliage speaks in a sussurous as we brush up against our lover and detect the first scent, the heady waft of musk, a promise of snow coming.

October wraps us up in itself. A rhythym has taken us and we pulsate, beginning to writhe and share increasing heat in response to the building cold.

November. We are taken. The first moments. Immersion in winter has begun. It's new. We've been building to this, the actual culmination. November is our portal. We dive through to the floating world of DEC/JAN/FEB/mar. Time stops and we exult.

April. It stops. She wants to hold on and.... talk.

Who knows what she wants to talk about? Time for some Cheetos and the internet.

We'll call you in September, ok?

Vim Toot!

Deep autumn. The woods have fully opened up, the ground is hardening and the last bugs are gone.

Hibernating animals haven't yet gone to ground. They are still busy, and visible, preparing for their doze.

Apr/May stink. I won't even list why as those months are slatterns and drabs not worthy of descriptors. Early June is a trull also.

As love of winter is the common bond here I'll draw a sex metaphor to illustrate my point. (Miley Cyrus fans will only become more confused though)

Late August is the first stirrings- the first flush coming in to foliage. The belly is full after a summer of plenty and we relax, exchanging a look with her in our repose.

September blood begins to rise in our quickening. Foliage speaks in a sussurous as we brush up against our lover and detect the first scent, the heady waft of musk, a promise of snow coming.

October wraps us up in itself. A rhythym has taken us and we pulsate, beginning to writhe and share increasing heat in response to the building cold.

November. We are taken. The first moments. Immersion in winter has begun. It's new. We've been building to this, the actual culmination. November is our portal. We dive through to the floating world of DEC/JAN/FEB/mar. Time stops and we exult.

Vim Toot!

:lmao:

Vim Toot!

Good one too funny my married life analogy .

Sept- you see her with a friends girlfriend, the glowing sun reflects off her Auburn hair you flush with excitement when introduced

Oct - your first date like the first frost tickles your interest with knowledge of better things to come

Nov- Things have evolved so by the end of the month it's heavy heavy petting and are teased with soon to be full consumption

Dec- Feb- Wild and crazy with late night multiple bangs everywhere possible, there is a constant need for more and more.

March- April. The thrill is gone, reality sets in, the chores need to be done, consumption is sporadic and less intense but every once in a while the intensity is brought back

May- August- if lucky a quick Stroker than it's over, you live on the memories of what once was

Archived