• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

Up there you guys may have some freeze in the ground, but here nothing. And I can't stress enough how vital that is to holding some snow through a torch. We really didn't have a chance here.

Meh, its bare in the weenie Mecca of Pittsburgh, NH too and johnsweather has had the same snowfall to date as I have.  You know that last storm was a total fluff bomb deform snows, so not surprising that 0.4-0.6" of SWE didn't last as long as 1.2-1.6" further east.  Its life on the NW slope...you get lots of snowy days but you can torch over the top.  We were talking about it in the NNE thread.  Even in Dendrites area the high spots seem to have lost all snow with that Newbury, NH site writing "unbelievable snow melt" overnight and having 0.5" left.  I think lower elevations in that area may be the best spot to live, if you have to worry about torches at 1,500ft.

Rough day on here for some of you though...man some pissing in cheerios or something.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me, this has the feel of Dec ’02, just a week earlier. In ’02 we got that storm on 12/5 i think it was, then it got a bit toasty and the snow was down to nothing prior to the xmas day storm. I realize that this past storm was nothing like that event in many places, but in others it felt like it was similar.

i fully admit that I view it with weenie goggles and very little meteorological knowledge, but that’s how it feels to me. note that I am not making any forecasts here (not that they would have any value).

The plains look like a torch after about day 3...but we keep getting a parade of highs going from west of Hudson bay down across Ontario and into Quebec...that could keep us from getting warm and at times could give us some pretty sneaky cold. Those are good delivery for cold in our neck.

The plains look like a torch after about day 3...but we keep getting a parade of highs going from west of Hudson bay down across Ontario and into Quebec...that could keep us from getting warm and at times could give us some pretty sneaky cold. Those are good delivery for cold in our neck.

Gradient look

We always enjoy a good parade.

Up there you guys may have some freeze in the ground, but here nothing. And I can't stress enough how vital that is to holding some snow through a torch. We really didn't have a chance here.

Still unfrozen up here...my yard actually melted from the bottom up, with snow on the bushes lasting the longest. I could tell it was getting all lumpy and differential melting from the bottom up. Even on the mountain, it's not firm frozen ground. Lots of running water.

Sounds like a 1/8SM fog and the valley obscured on satellite pattern to me... with some snow to melt we might tickle down to 1/16SM.

Exactly! That's always been modeled. Without NAO we get days like today but we'll have chances I think.

Archived