joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugghh, like you said, the developments are working out best for the well west/north areas of SNE. Very impressive forcing/lift out that way. You still have quite a long way to go though. We had sleet for hours on end for a good chunk of LI which killed our chances at the really epic outcome but 40 miles from here is pulling away with 30" already. I'll be happy with 10" or a foot.

I just hope the surge and tides aren't that high. For us, the 80-90 mph wind was bad but the tides did 95% of the damage.

You're on Long Island? How'd they do overall in terms of snow?

The mess with this is going to be the days/week without power. Bad situation for folks.

As far as this one vs 78. Heh.

If I get up near 10" I'll be happy that's what I expected. Like you I don't really care what falls elsewhere but enjoy following it.

Yikes that gust almost broke a window.

Was able to gather an average between 24-25''!!!!  Not bad.  So maybe 24.5'' here but not sure if I want to use my total to submit,.  

But holy crap what an epic journey!!!!  Can't wait to post the pics/videos.  I just realized the videos will be skinny again but oh well.  

I also couldn't get out of a snow bank...was about 4.5' high so I had to basically fall over and roll down it into the road.  

Thanks Wiz!  looking forward to your vids!

is anyone taking measurements in bos , going outside and putting a stick in the ground ? i mean we have tons of people there is anyone actually going outside. this is a monster storm , we could use some pics!

bos was 33 till around 8pm , radar has been solid, but not epic/historic there,  i just don't see how they could possibly be over 20 inches now,

abit to the south by milton and dorchester they are doin a bit better, but bos 20 -24 no , unless radar is full of it.

what a joke...

... Suffolk County...

Chelsea 15.5 1129 PM 2/08 none

Jamaica Plain 11.5 1029 PM 2/08 ham radio

1 N East Boston 10.1 1200 am 2/09 Logan Airport

Winthrop 10.1 1159 PM 2/08 none

If it weren't a Guantanamo level offense...a mile to my west probably has 30% more snow. It doesn't surprise me that locales right on the water would be significantly less. The first 2-3" was gonzo

Archived