joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind for the GFS, at least in DC, it is in the 40s when it starts and we probably aren't snow until 3-4am....and even after that we mix at some point.....it is really more 3-4" than higher amounts...

yea, tomorrow's pregame temps have me a little concerned with the initial qpf.

Keep in mind for the GFS, at least in DC, it is in the 40s when it starts and we probably aren't snow until 3-4am....and even after that we mix at some point.....it is really more 3-4" than higher amounts...

yea, tomorrow's pregame temps have me a little concerned with the initial qpf.

I hate Boston's cheating football team, their stupid accent,, and most of all I hate their ****ing snow, but gosh dammit I like their beer.  A case of Winter Lager will help me ease the sting of this next screw job.

A good way to ease the torture of the impending sting job is to go play a few rounds of craps. I get shyte luck with snow in this raintown/screwtown, but I do much much better with craps. I leave feeling really great every time. The best part is, West Virginia has no effin clue how to remove snow. I love getting to slide all over Route 9. Besides, if I land in a deep ditch, I'll just enjoy a jebwalk in the snow up there. The colder, the better.

Raw temps are 35 in DC at 1am but 32 line is basically over my house. Temps are crashing quick with the heavier rates. Not sure how much is lost to rain but definitely some to melt on contact. It's close enough not to get hung up too much on it. We'll know much more tomorrow.  

qpf is great, problem is temps, its mostly rain even up here for me.  Its a torch and I am not sure why given the h5 digs well south and the SLP is developing off the NC coast..and all that equals the warmest model run yet.  weird huh?

Well, so looks like I missed some interesting stuff, between the GFS almost going coastal and the DT controversy!  Just managed to log in successfully (finally), after some failures.  Glad the board is back up.  Things running slow on my end right now, a bit behind, but I did see the latest 00Z GFS and see what everyone is talking about.  That is a nice turn-around.  Forgive the basic question here, but I'm wondering if the orientation of the ridge out west is prohibiting this thing from going negative tilt earlier?  If that were more north-south and sharper, in other words.

Yes it is warmis early. It was a really nice vort pass tho. in theory some hefty temp drop potential.

Archived