Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January General Banter Thread III

Isopycnic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, it is all rain look at a sounding. The only place that may briefly be snow is RDU, but that would only be for an hour or two at best.

EDIT: Anything else you'd like to challenge me on?

Did you see the 24-48hr out forecasted MHX 18z sounding for yesterday? Even from the EC, yeah the WFO did too and called for 1-2" with BL above freezing, up to 900mb till around 7pm. Crazy things can happen under deepening ULLs, I am surprised you are discounting this fact, as even here, in PGV, MHX one of the most conservative offices in the region is mentioning a changeover Weds. Not saying that is going to happen, as the objective look glances at a 50-50 chance, but on the order of a 534 ECWMF advertised passing overhead, yeah, I will take my chances on the backside based on what I have seen first hand in past examples chasing winter wx events...

It's fitting that Bozart was the one who picked up the Calvary slip up. Did you religion alarm go off?

No, it was my English-usage alarm. You should see me when a TV personality makes that mistake on the air. I break out in tumors on the spot.

One time I heard a broadcaster repeatedly refer to George Custer as "custard" -- while giving viewers an on-camera tour of the site of Little Bighorn, no less! That experience nearly hospitalized me. Fortunately, a strong scotch and soda brought me around.

No, it was my English-usage alarm. You should see me when a TV personality makes that mistake on the air. I break out in tumors on the spot.

One time I heard a broadcaster repeatedly refer to George Custer as "custard" -- while giving viewers an on-camera tour of the site of Little Bighorn, no less! That experience nearly hospitalized me. Fortunately, a strong scotch and soda brought me around.

Hello Bozart, how is the farm? :P

Today Yancey Co. schools are closed for the 17th day with 8 two hours delays. They have been in session just 4 and a half days since Dec. 16, 2010.

Wow! Normally at this date they are only closed 16 days with 7 two hour delays and would have been in school 5 days since Dec. 16, 2010. Just amazing!!!:lol::snowman:

In Macon County, we got a quick dusting this morning, with some areas reporting (via Law Enforcement and VFDs) an inch of snow. There is a slight trace at my house 4 miles NE of Franklin. Schools are on a 2 Hour Delay.

I've monitored several accidents on the roads via my scanner...

I must say the cold has been very disappointing this year relative to what the models have been advertising. Though models throughout the winter have continuously advertised upcoming vodka cold at night, it has not verified for North Carolina. The lowest temperature I am aware of in central NC is 10 degrees in early December in Charlotte, which is not exactly that big of a deal. You would have thought with the cold highs and snow cover, widespread single digits would have been in central NC by now. The models sure have advertised single digits and even below zero temps multiple times, yet they have not happened. Yet, NYC and Philly are realizing their cold potential this morning with temps well down in the single digits. It is so disappointing how relatively mild *(no single digits or below) the low temps in central NC have been in this cold and snowy pattern.

I must say the cold has been very disappointing this year relative to what the models have been advertising. Though models throughout the winter have continuously advertised upcoming vodka cold at night, it has not verified for North Carolina. The lowest temperature I am aware of in central NC is 10 degrees in early December in Charlotte, which is not exactly that big of a deal. You would thought with the cold highs and snow cover, widespread single digits would have been in central NC by now. The models sure have advertised single digits and even below zero temps multiple times, yet they have not happened. Yet, NC and Philly are realizing their cold potential this morning with temps well down in the single digits. It is so disappointing how relatively mild the low temps in central NC have been in this cold and snowy pattern.

:huh:

I think this is a top 5 year for us on Cold. In over 100 years. We've been way, way below normal , on highs and lows. And very consistently. But you're right, no goose egg yet. And probabaly won't make that.

Nice..During 2004 (my last year at ASU) a friend of mine did his internship at Crossnore. Is was during the WInter and I think they missed around 4 full weeks of school.. Needless to say, he was having to find hours due to that!!!

So far this year we have been out 6 days due to weather.. Meaning, 6/10 was added and nor more days of until Spring Break..

Stupid Calender law

My little flizard is over here in the county...

Today Yancey Co. schools are closed for the 17th day with 8 two hours delays. They have been in session just 4 and a half days since Dec. 16, 2010.

Archived