joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January General Banter Thread III

Isopycnic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't nothing wrong w/ 7 miles! What type of ride was it? I mean mountain bike, trail ride, or road ride?

I've got a hybrid Trek. Just started getting into riding a couple of years ago as an alternative to jogging. All paved today...as is most days. It was the first time in almost two months that I didn't have to put on three layers, a hat under my helmet, etc. Still wore gloves. When it gets below 40, the windchill is almost to much to handle for me - especially going down a hill. Now, going up a hill...that's another story altogether.

I've got a hybrid Trek. Just started getting into riding a couple of years ago as an alternative to jogging. All paved today...as is most days. It was the first time in almost two months that I didn't have to put on three layers, a hat under my helmet, etc. Still wore gloves. When it gets below 40, the windchill is almost to much to handle for me - especially going down a hill. Now, going up a hill...that's another story altogether.

Very cool! I have a Trek Madone road bike. Like you I just started a couple of years ago to try to get into shape. I had stopped running because of the pounding on my back. I didn't do anything for a while and started to get fat. That's when I took up cycling and have loved it ever since.

RAH ..........LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...popcorn.gifAS OF 325 PM...WEAK MID LEVEL RIDGING MOVES IN FROM THE SOUTHWEST... REACHING THE MOUNTAINS THURSDAY EVENING. SURFACE FLOW HOWEVER IS CHAOTIC ANDLITTLE ADVECTION TO TAKE PLACE. TEMPERATURES WILL BE A BIT BELOWNORMAL FOR THIS FORECAST PERIOD.GFS IS FAVORED OVER THE ECMWF AT THIS TIME. ECMWF SEEMS TOO FAR INLAND WITH DEVELOPMENT OF SURFACE LOW AND BRINGS PRECIPITATION INTO NORTH CAROLINA BY FRIDAY MORNING. WITH ITS WARMER WESTWARD TRACK OF THE LOW... ALL PRECIPITATION WOULD BE RAIN. AT THIS TIMETHE GFS TRACK IS FOLLOWED WITH A COOLER FORECAST AND MORE OFFSHORE SURFACE LOW. A TINY RISK FOR FREEZING RAIN FRIDAY NIGHTOR EARLY SATURDAY... BUT NOT MENTIONED FOR NOW. MODEL COLD BIAS AND POSSIBLE DELAY IN TIMING WILL KEEP FORECAST DRY UNTIL A SLIGHTCHANCE FOR RAIN SATURDAY AFTERNOON.Snowman.gifAFTERNOON HIGH TEMPERATURES MOSTLY 40S. OVERNIGHT LOW TEMPERATURESMID 20S TO LOWER 30S.

Archived