• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January General Banter Thread III

Isopycnic

For all the comments about growing thick skin, who is crying like a baby about my tone? Was I so harsh you couldn't take it? Give me a break. If I talked down to you, you'd know it. I tell it the way I see it, I don't candy coat it. I think you should all tie a kerosene rag around your ankles to keep the ants from crawling up your candy a@@.

laugh.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm not even disappointed. I'm fine with you staying. You do seem very knowledgeable. You just have a very high strung personality. If you toned it down and weren't so sensitive, I have no doubt that you would be an asset to the board.

Edited to add: I mean, you know volumes more than me about the weather. You just need some work on social skills. I bet in person, you are nothing like this board personality.

bdmdjm,

I wish you would stay. Period. But I also wish you'd extend an olive branch to the rest of the group. And to the rest of the group, I wish you'd extend one back. But everyone's an adult and can do what they want. I personally think there's been a lot of misunderstanding on both sides.

Hey, I apologized. :thumbsup:

Cold rain, you have been commendable through all of this. At this point, I'm just getting in a few feel good shots before I go. I have already arranged for my account to be deleted, because it is obvious my style of directness is not tolerated well here. In reality, I'm actually not upset, and have made amends with Foothills. Again, thank you for having a level-head.

Why leave? None of your posts are being deleted and you acknowledge that with Robert it was a misunderstanding...so what seems to be the big problem? Now that everyone knows you're a female they will probably kiss your ass.

For all the comments about growing thick skin, who is crying like a baby about my tone? Was I so harsh you couldn't take it? Give me a break. If I talked down to you, you'd know it. I tell it the way I see it, I don't candy coat it. I think you should all tie a kerosene rag around your ankles to keep the ants from crawling up your candy a@@.

Wow! You seem to be a really talented Met. and could do this board a great service. One of two things is painfully obvious. You realy enjoy stirring up the beehive because you want to be the center of attention. Or you are really, really lacking in social skills. Either way you are causing alot of trouble on one of the best weather boards on the net. Either provide non insulting insight, go away, or keep it up maybe one of the mods will give you this! :banned:

I'll tell you one thing, if he/she/it does stay, he/she/it better hope to hell it doesn't snow anywhere in the southeast under 3,000 feet or it'll be the biggest forecast bust on this board since Larry Cosgrove told all the SE mets were weren't going to have an icestorm a few years back .... and nobody could rub it in that he was wrong because we all lost power for week.

Why leave? None of your posts are being deleted and you acknowledge that with Robert it was a misunderstanding...so what seems to be the big problem? Now that everyone knows you're a female they will probably kiss your ass.

Cold rain, you have been commendable through all of this. At this point, I'm just getting in a few feel good shots before I go. I have already arranged for my account to be deleted, because it is obvious my style of directness is not tolerated well here. In reality, I'm actually not upset, and have made amends with Foothills. Again, thank you for having a level-head.

there does seem to be a hierarchy around here in terms of preferences, certain areas getting more discussion than others, etc

I just accepted it as how it is and just sit back and read

dont leave, I for one prefer "no nonsense" forecasting

I'll tell you one thing, if he/she/it does stay, he/she/it better hope to hell it doesn't snow anywhere in the southeast under 3,000 feet or it'll be the biggest forecast bust on this board since Larry Cosgrove told all the SE mets were weren't going to have an icestorm a few years back .... and nobody could rub it in that he was wrong because we all lost power for week.

Yep if that happened she would practically be forced to leave.

What does it matter really? Anyways...lets at least keep this on topic now enough with the fighting if she stays she stays if she goes she goes.

I'm kind of old school and it matters to me. I talk to females differently than males, I don't care if I'm mad. Just the way I am.

There’s a certain (generally unspoken) protocol and decorum that follows most every forum/board in addition to the written rules. This is for the most part defined by the posting masses. You appeared to have crossed it with your tone if not direct comments. It really does not matter whether you agree with the protocol/decorum or not. It exists as it does with just about every board on the internet. I’ve posted on boards where it seems tighter to me and others where it is more relaxed. Ever been to a sports team’s forum? How about a political one? I for one, appreciate your direct approach and obvious skill. It is somewhat refreshing, but I saw from a mile away what you were doing would push the protocol….and it did. It just got downright annoying after awhile.

As for the AmericanWx forums….The fact you seem to deal more in absolutes on model interpretation if fine. You stated your interpretations many times over. Think everyone got it the first couple times. Also consider there are scientists (very good ones too) that will scrub the variables for potential. I find that refreshing as well. In fact, it is more scientific and necessary if you ask me. That’s how you grow your craft.

One last thing. At the end of the day just try and remember---It's only a message board.

Oh I remember that one...It was the all time classic. When that ice storm hit I knew he had it coming.

I second Cold Rain's points. I was enjoying bnmdjm's commentary and insight and I'm really upset that bnmdjjm is leaving. Why can't people just keep their feelings to themselves?

I take sole credit for running LC off the board. He wished an inch of ice on me.

Apparently you are the one who can't take it since you're deleting your account...:whistle:

In all seriousness, you have to expect when 300+ people are reading a thread, all of which hoping for snow itby, at least a few of these weenies are going to make a stupid comment to objective reasons why they won't get snow.

Instead of doing like the other 280+ posters that ignore the weenie comments, for some reason you started to get an attitude with everyone including other mets on the board.

With that said, I hope you stay because I liked the objective analysis that you provided.

That was pretty epic! It was a very odd setup, but it was clearly a CAD setup.

Yes, odd synoptic where the high moved DUE NORTH-- so we kept a faint NE flow for the entire event. We had 2 inches of sleet and snow up here followed by about .75 of ice falling, with closer to a half inch accrual-- just the break point around here for damage.

Archived