Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January General Banter Thread III

Isopycnic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, I'm well aware that CAD can extend to ATL. I've forecasted the erosion of CAD in ATL. What I'm not aware of, is CAD that curves around the apps and into TN.

Yeah, I've seen Alabama-- not TN.

You're rather stand off ish-- where did you go to school, are you currently in the field?

It's nice to see someone else piss people off for a change.

Come on Brick, you don't piss us all off, just hit a nerve sometimes (which seemed to happen more this storm). Maybe you can help, is Falls up any or is it still down? Coming into town this upcoming weekend to chase ducks around the lake on Saturday.

I really think the problem has been that I am saying areas are not likely to get snow that people think are. If it were the opposite, I'd be a beloved poster right now. I would love for anyone to go back before the foothills post and show me where I was disrespectful in any way.

Your earlier posts are not the issue. I defended you right before your response to Foothills. Your response to that post was, to be charitable, rather harsh and uncalled for. I'm sure this is not the first time you have had problems in a forum. You seem to enjoy being a drama queen. Why else would you be in here now after "quitting" the forum.

Why are you talking to me then? Funny you can criticize someone for stirring the same pot you have your hand in.

EDIT: And how I talk to Foothills is not your concern. As I said, I have apologized to him. I'm pretty sure he's a grown man and can defend himself.

You don't have a job do you.

I'll tell you one thing, if he/she/it does stay, he/she/it better hope to hell it doesn't snow anywhere in the southeast under 3,000 feet or it'll be the biggest forecast bust on this board since Larry Cosgrove told all the SE mets were weren't going to have an icestorm a few years back .... and nobody could rub it in that he was wrong because we all lost power for week.

Those were the days...lol :thumbsup:

let me get this straight...there's a girl here?

Yes...:P:wub:

It's nice to see someone else piss people off for a change.

:lol::lol: :lol:

I thought at first I was in the MA regional threads :unsure::lol:

December 15th 2005 was the event-- was a cold month in general. Had a strong HP over the NE that clearly was CAD--started as natural and turned to hybrid. LC posted there would be no ICE because of the lack of CAD> Huge argument breaks out-- and as the event drew closer the CAD got stronger. At the end, even the mets

He always ended his posts with

Best Regards.

The last one was

I hope you get an inch of ice.

Best Regards.

A Kannapolis, NC man tragically died during that infamous ice storm when an ice laden tree fell on his home while he was watching TV.

The photo below shows how the house was obliterated by the tree.

post-638-0-48583100-1295838498.jpeg

Um something about there is NO WAY RDU OR CLT WILL SEE SNOW FROM THIS STORM...take it to the bank folks.

I have never said that, that is an outright lie.

Take this sh!t to the banter thread if we must go there, no need to start it up, bad burger, and please do not start again as we have some 72hr NAM mojo going atm... :arrowhead:

Edit: never mind, just realized I was in the banter thread, cheers!!! :drunk:

I'm going to be honest here: I think from KCLT to the coast are in for a mostly rain event. It wouldn't be impossible to see snow at the tail end, but even that is a stretch. I have said since last weekend that this storm did not look good for us in central NC. Why? Because the west-based NAO that allowed our cold high pressures to lock in to the north was not present with this storm, thus the timing of any potential southern stream shortwaves had to link up almost perfectly with a high sliding offshore. Clearly, and is has been clear for days, the high and associated cold air advection is going to be over before this storm ever gets going for us in NC. Every model run, from every model shows this. So please, don't say that I'm just basing this off of one model run, because that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm recognizing that this pattern is not favorable for NC winter storms, and using situational awareness to see that there aren't overly cold temps anywhere in the southeast during the event which would allow "dynamics" to turn us over to heavy, wet snow. Now I won't absolutely say that no one from CLT to the coast won't see snow somewhere during the event, but the likelihood is slim in my eyes.

Hey, I've said I agree with you for the most part. Just giving you some ribbing Jesus.

I'm going to be honest here: I think from KCLT to the coast are in for a mostly rain event. It wouldn't be impossible to see snow at the tail end, but even that is a stretch. I have said since last weekend that this storm did not look good for us in central NC. Why? Because the west-based NAO that allowed our cold high pressures to lock in to the north was not present with this storm, thus the timing of any potential southern stream shortwaves had to link up almost perfectly with a high sliding offshore. Clearly, and is has been clear for days, the high and associated cold air advection is going to be over before this storm ever gets going for us in NC. Every model run, from every model shows this. So please, don't say that I'm just basing this off of one model run, because that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm recognizing that this pattern is not favorable for NC winter storms, and using situational awareness to see that there aren't overly cold temps anywhere in the southeast during the event which would allow "dynamics" to turn us over to heavy, wet snow. Now I won't absolutely say that no one from CLT to the coast won't see snow somewhere during the event, but the likelihood is slim in my eyes.

Let's look at the facts: even with a perfectly modeled track, everyone from RDU east is mostly, if not entirely, rain from every model. Sure, there may be some hint that we could end as snow, but I have seen that song and dance before. It is likely the dendritic growth zone will dry out before RDU east would be cold enough to support snow. By 18z on Wednesday, the temperatures have soared back into the mid 40's from both the NAM and GFS. There is absolutely no evidence to support the fact that they are totally wrong...there isn't any big cold air to the north that could be advected in to change this fact. Folks, I really believe the writing is on the wall and there is no need to get overly hopeful about a pattern that isn't likely to yield a big snow for central and eastern NC (and even out to KCLT in my book).

Lastly, I do not think that KCLT will fair much, if any better than KRDU. Why? The CAD wedge is not very well established by the time precip arrives, and with the amount of WAA associated with this low, the wedge should be eroded fairly quickly out to KCLT. Let's pretend the wedge holds, well 950 temps are forecasted to be at 6.0C+ on both the NAM and GFS by the time precip really starts coming in...which would still yield rain! The argument that both models are way too warm at this level doesn't hold much water in my view, as there isn't much colder temps to the north or west. Honestly, there is no way both of these models are going to blow temps across the entire eastern seaboard by that much. Now, by the end of the event I suppose a near isothermal layer could setup somewhere under the deformation band, and this area might have the potential for some very wet snow, with ratios of 5:1 at best, but I just don't see much support for it in the model soundings I have seen. I don't have access to the euro, so that is the one model that could be colder. Even so, I stand by everything I have said.

That was my opinion, and there was nothing wrong with it and I stand by it still.

The 12z run of the Euro came in warmer today. Last nights run for western NC was just above freezing at 850 and below as you went up and only 2c at 925 which is around the elevation of most Mtn valley's. Today it had a warm nose from 850 to 800 of about 1.5c. Hope it trends colder and looks like the nam temp's back this way.

This might not help you as I have not looked at anything other than the western NC Mtns. Just giving out some euro temp info above 850.

Archived