northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January General Banter Thread III

Isopycnic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed all that. I just knew he didn't post here (or there) anymore. Tell me the story. What happened??

December 15th 2005 was the event-- was a cold month in general. Had a strong HP over the NE that clearly was CAD--started as natural and turned to hybrid. LC posted there would be no ICE because of the lack of CAD> Huge argument breaks out-- and as the event drew closer the CAD got stronger. At the end, even the mets

He always ended his posts with

Best Regards.

The last one was

I hope you get an inch of ice.

Best Regards.

It was remarkably similar to this situation, except instead of going against (no offense, Robert) the outlier forecast, he was going against the consensus forecast of a major CAD event. It was so obvious we were going to see FZRA, even I could see it -- all you needed to do was know how to figure the wet bulb temperature and you could quickly deduce it was going to fall into the upper 20s once precip commenced.

Anyway, he stuck his nose in the SE thread (no regional forums then, just threads) and WOULD NOT LET GO of the fact that we weren't going to see frozen precip with this particular event (can't remember the date -- maybe somebody can and can pull up the final ice totals from RAH).

Anyway, for some reason it really got personal for him -- I remember it being literally hours before the event was to commence -- WSW's were hoisted all over the place, and he's basically saying all the NWS offices and all the mets and weenies on the board were wrong.

We haven't heard from him since ....

I missed all that. I just knew he didn't post here (or there) anymore. Tell me the story. What happened??

It happened. Somebody will hunt down the maps and -- for the umpteenth time today -- you will look like a troll.

That probably makes the least amount of sense of anything I've ever heard. There are so many things wrong with that statement from a meteorological sense...but I'd be a jerk if I pointed them out so keep thinking CAD drains to the northwest.

Although I must confess, now that I hear Huff describe the LC fiasco as in-situ, I might be confusing my CAD events. But I am certain we've seen an event in the 10 years since I've been on this board when the CAD was so powerful that it actually bled around the Appalachians and there was a cold dry push of air orginating from the NE that reached into SE Tenn -- at that time, moving in a NW direction.

It happened. Somebody will hunt down the maps and -- for the umpteenth time today -- you will look like a troll.

My wife went to law school and is a judge but that doesn't mean I can't argue the nuance of laws with her. You should be disappointed to know that a piece of paper doesn't automatically make you smarter than somebody. Having said that, I have freely admitted on this board many times that I am merely an enthusiast and that most posters -- and ALL mets -- know more about this stuff than I do.

However, I do have a memory and I am 100 percent certain that the maps exist that will prove what I say happened. I do not, however, owe you any proof or explanation.

I want a surface map, and a temperature analysis to prove it.

EDIT: One of the real problems I have is ignorant people like you, who think you know something about meteorology and intend on disrespecting meteorologists who have gone to school for a long time, studying these phenomenons. But I guess you, better than me, would know how CAD works.

EDIT: One of the real problems I have is ignorant people like you, who think you know something about meteorology and intend on disrespecting meteorologists who have gone to school for a long time, studying these phenomenons. But I guess you, better than me, would know how CAD works.

And some of you want to extend an olive branch and keep this stupid b**ch around here. Jeez.

It was remarkably similar to this situation, except instead of going against (no offense, Robert) the outlier forecast, he was going against the consensus forecast of a major CAD event. It was so obvious we were going to see FZRA, even I could see it -- all you needed to do was know how to figure the wet bulb temperature and you could quickly deduce it was going to fall into the upper 20s once precip commenced.

Anyway, he stuck his nose in the SE thread (no regional forums then, just threads) and WOULD NOT LET GO of the fact that we weren't going to see frozen precip with this particular event (can't remember the date -- maybe somebody can and can pull up the final ice totals from RAH).

Anyway, for some reason it really got personal for him -- I remember it being literally hours before the event was to commence -- WSW's were hoisted all over the place, and he's basically saying all the NWS offices and all the mets and weenies on the board were wrong.

We haven't heard from him since ....

Dec 15, 2005

That probably makes the least amount of sense of anything I've ever heard. There are so many things wrong with that statement from a meteorological sense...but I'd be a jerk if I pointed them out so keep thinking CAD drains to the northwest.

When he said northwest he meant wrapping around from the southeast to the Northwest...

you can see what he's talking about on this map where the freezing rain actually came around and tried to bend up to the Tennessee line.

While SE Tennessee didn't get cold enough for ice accretion, on the surface temperature map you could see the wedge actually hooking around the base of the app's and spewing into Tennessee.

post-309-0-67611600-1295833755.gif

Oh I'm sorry, but this can't be true, because neither you or I have meteorological degrees .....

When he said northwest he meant wrapping around from the southeast to the Northwest...

you can see what he's talking about on this map where the freezing rain actually came around and tried to bend up to the Tennessee line.

While SE Tennessee didn't get cold enough for ice accretion, on the surface temperature map you could see the wedge actually hooking around the base of the app's and spewing into Tennessee.

Trust me, there is no value for me to be gained on these boards

You certainly arent adding to what little value this place apparently has.

I've been posting with skip for 9+ years now...he's far from a troll. You, however, do not handle yourself in a professional manner and seem to only be hanging around to antagonize people. Remind me again, who is the troll?

He missed the dates

SUPER CAD was Jan 24 25 04--

This event was DEC 15th--

Did you attend NC State? I thought they did tons of CAD research there.

I'm sure you're well versed in CAD, but the mega ones can push the CAD past the bottom of the Appies and in to ATL (Where ATL is colder than Chattanooga-- ICE in ATL and RAIN in Chattanooga)

The event if I recall correctly pushed the CAD into Alabama--

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/maps/accum.20040125.gif

RDU didn't do a case study

I believe you asserted you were just trying to bring a "real" perspective on the weather. Wouldn't a definition of keeping it "real" mean when you say something is wrong and it is proven to be true, that you retract your claim?

Hey, all you guys have to do is ignore me. Did I type the words troll on "skips" computer? Didn't think so.

Thanks for the insight on the LC thing guys. I don't know how I could have missed that. I do remember he always used to end his posts with "Best Regards". That's foolish. I always save my best regards for really important things. General weather postings should be worth no more than a "Regards" or at the very most a "Warm Regards".

He missed the dates

SUPER CAD was Jan 24 25 04--

This event was DEC 15th--

Did you attend NC State? I thought they did tons of CAD research there.

I'm sure you're well versed in CAD, but the mega ones can push the CAD past the bottom of the Appies and in to ATL (Where ATL is colder than Chattanooga-- ICE in ATL and RAIN in Chattanooga)

The event if I recall correctly pushed the CAD into Alabama--

http://www4.ncsu.edu...um.20040125.gif

RDU didn't do a case study

I seem to remember it seeping over the mountains....the CAD reached Birmingham that storm, incredibly unusual.

Archived