12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January General Banter Thread III

Isopycnic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep. And it is total bull ****. Sorry for the language but it is. I wish this storm would fall off the map as to get back to normal around here.

Damn. Glad it is football Sunday. Give me a reason to drink today....

And it has been that way for several days, not sure what the deal is as we have never really had issues like this, even back at Eastern. If you look at the instigators though, most have joined within the past 30 days, and several I have noticed are just within the last 15 days. I doubt most of them were around at Eastern, and have likely found this place from other boards, of which the etiquette was different from here, and it shows. Hopefully staff gets a handle on this, because even with the Jan 10-11th storm, the main thread was almost unreadable at times and at a disservice for those who come here to read and learn, which is the overwhelming majority. :)

And it has been that way for several days, not sure what the deal is as we have never really had issues like this, even back at Eastern. If you look at the instigators though, most have joined within the past 30 days, and several I have noticed are just within the last 15 days. I doubt most of them were around at Eastern, and have likely found this place from other boards, of which the etiquette was different from here, and it shows. Hopefully staff gets a handle on this, because even with the Jan 10-11th storm, the main thread was almost unreadable at times and at a disservice for those who come here to read and learn, which is the overwhelming majority. :)

It is a shame it is going on, Sure do not want the SE to be like others whose names I will not mention.

this is needed in the storm thread right now its went to S*** the last 30 mins just terrible it could be a jerry springer episode for crying out loud..

and this is what will happen with this storm for pretty much everyone but the higher elevations lol

He won't be here long, nor is he the first decent Met that lacks the personality to survive in a forum.

As I was typing the above.

You guys are right, I'm just a big jerk. You might want to think about how you treat a new poster next time, because you just lost one. Consider this my last post.

Poof he is gone.

Just caught up on all the drama whilst trying to get some info on the storm - sheesh.

I kept trying to figure out where the dude was "attacked", and could only see the one post by a weenie that seemed to set him off. Robert certainly did no such thing in his post, if anything it was exactly the opposite. I'm certainly sorry to see us lose God's gift to meteorology :rolleyes:, but I suppose we shall go on somehow.

I do think people are being a little silly all the way around. He doesn't know Robert, and Robert's post was at best passive aggressive. He's right in a lot of ways - if you're trying to figure out "what it would take" to get snow in the SE, it isn't happening.

I think mets should be allowed to say whatever they please without challenge from anyone, but that also requires they themselves can handle the pre-moderation chatter. I think if the first dumbass 2 post poster hadn't come in and set the new guy off, none of this would have happened. We should be in storm mode right now in all likelihood and that would have prevented this ugliness.

I do think people are being a little silly all the way around. He doesn't know Robert, and Robert's post was at best passive aggressive. He's right in a lot of ways - if you're trying to figure out "what it would take" to get snow in the SE, it isn't happening.

I think mets should be allowed to say whatever they please without challenge from anyone, but that also requires they themselves can handle the pre-moderation chatter. I think if the first dumbass 2 post poster hadn't come in and set the new guy off, none of this would have happened. We should be in storm mode right now in all likelihood and that would have prevented this ugliness.

I could have been one of the 2 dumbass posters. :lol: I won't argue the dumbass part, but it beats being an ass. He would have blown eventually. He is arrogant, probably a relatively new met, who hasn't been humbled yet. (or maybe like DT he never will be)

I could have been one of the 2 dumbass posters. :lol: I won't argue the dumbass part, but it beats being an ass. He would have blown eventually. He is arrogant, probably a relatively new met, who hasn't been humbled yet. (or maybe like DT he never will be)

I was talking about the guy with 2 posts. Awkward wording. You're fine.

Archived