• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Thread

mreaves

I believe will will have higher ratios. I'm giving a first call for the mid coast from Brunswick to Rockland of 12" to 16" for both events. 16" toward Brunswick and 12" toward Rockland.

Looks like I'm on the northern edge of the better snow and the best of it slides it a little too far east for me but still I think I get a decent snowfall out of this. Maybe a 6-10 deal.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the Groundhog Day Storm(s) is past do we come back to this thread or start a new one?

I am curious if this clipper dropping south drops a little something on us tonight or in the morning.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=ONT

Seems to have a bit more juice than advertised. Or is it just going to wait and be sucked into Saturday

what's the consensus with tomorrow's event? looks to be sliding to the east. maybe 2-4"?

I saw WGME give us 2-4 and WCSH give us 3-6. Models are in heavy heavy disagreement. My 5-8 call is looking too heavy, was thinking maybe 3-5 might do it but I want to see today's guidance. I'm thinking it may trend positively for us, but I'm a snow weenie so of course I'd think that. :lol:

Perfect night for radiational cooling, calm, clear, deep fresh snowpack. I had -1 at 9 last night, low for the day, and near -20 this morning. (Didn't look at the recording instrument, but the slightly warm-reading indoor-outdoor 10' above it had -17.) This will be our first 40+ diurnal range for the year, a sign of the sun's increasing strength.

Tomorrow night's event is looking less and less impressive. Yest GYX hinted at 6-10" in their morning AFD. Today they suggest maybe 3-4" at the coast, and the p.o.p. for the foothills has been lowered from categorical to chance, skipping right past likely. Whiff or dusting this far inland? 06z gfs isn't too kind for us concerning the two subsequent events, either, though I think the earlier run had a 965 LP in a perfect spot Thurs night. Lots of time for lots of changes, but at this point most of us are playing with house money. :weight_lift:

I saw WGME give us 2-4 and WCSH give us 3-6. Models are in heavy heavy disagreement. My 5-8 call is looking too heavy, was thinking maybe 3-5 might do it but I want to see today's guidance. I'm thinking it may trend positively for us, but I'm a snow weenie so of course I'd think that. :lol:

It did, Still a low end warning for some and advisory "maybe" to the foothills tops..

If there aren't WSW for this area at afternoon update, I'd be a little surprised... A clear shift to the western models on the 12z NAM and GFS... GGEM held solid...

I was just sitting here thinking about that. I figure if the Euro says we snow, the WSWs will be posted with the pm update. My 5-8 call is looking decent right now.

I was just sitting here thinking about that. I figure if the Euro says we snow, the WSWs will be posted with the pm update. My 5-8 call is looking decent right now.

I agree. It's storms like this that allow us to keep pace with or exceed SNE snowfall over the long term: a marginal setup with borderline temps, where a little latitude can go a long way (both because of the temp gradient and the fact that the late intensification favors areas further NE).

I agree. It's storms like this that allow us to keep pace with or exceed SNE snowfall over the long term: a marginal setup with borderline temps, where a little latitude can go a long way (both because of the temp gradient and the fact that the late intensification favors areas further NE).

No kidding about the marginal temps. I just checked out the GFS soundings for SFM and PWM. Right at or just above 0C aloft at 42 hours. Close call per GFS but I'm thinking it'll be colder than that. Why? I'm a snow weenie.

Here is the BTV forcast for me at the moment. Curious to see what it will look like at 4 this afternoon.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.32648836117249&lon=-72.17146396636963&site=btv&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 1. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Saturday: Light snow likely, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Wind chill values as low as -7. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday Night: Light snow likely before 1am, then a chance for flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: A slight chance of flurries before 7am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

http://forecast.weat...FD&issuedby=BTV

BTV issuing Winter Storm Watches for part of VT.

SHORT TERM /7 AM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT/...

AS OF 312 PM EST FRIDAY...COMPLEX WEATHER PATTERN THEN DEVELOPS BY

LATER SATURDAY INTO SATURDAY NIGHT AS DEVELOPING LOW PRESSURE

TRACKS FROM THE SRN OHIO VALLEY/MID ATLANTIC EAST-NORTHEAST ACROSS

SRN NY/SRN NEW ENGLAND. THIS WILL LIKELY SPREAD A LIGHT TO

MODERATE SNOWFALL ACROSS OUR CENTRAL/SRN COUNTIES DURING THIS

PERIOD...WITH HEAVIEST AMOUNTS ACROSS OUR FAR SRN VT COUNTIES

WHERE WINTER STORM WATCHES HAVE BEEN ISSUED. THERMAL PROFILES

FAIRLY MILD AND COULD EVEN SEE A BRIEF PERIOD OF SLEET ACROSS THE

FAR SOUTH DURING A FEW HOURS OVERNIGHT SATURDAY...BUT WITH

CONTINUED MODEL DISPARITY IN THERMAL PROFILES HAVE LEANED TOWARD

AN ALL SNOW EVENT AT THIS TIME. ADDITIONALLY... HAVE TRENDED

TOWARD A MODEL BLENDED QPF SOLN WHICH SEEMS THE BEST COURSE GIVEN

SUCH HIGH VARIABILITY AMONG OPERATIONAL/ENSEMBLE MEAN PROGS. THIS

WOULD OFFER MUCH LIGHTER PCPN AMOUNTS ACROSS OUR NORTHERN COUNTIES

WITH ONLY MINOR ACCUMULATIONS ACROSS THE ADIRONDACKS INTO THE

CHAMPLAIN VALLEY/FAR NORTHERN VT. MAX/MIN TEMPS A BLEND OF MOS AND

BIAS CORRECTED DATA HERE WHICH WOULD OFFER FAIRLY MILD READINGS

AREA WIDE.

NICE .....

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CARIBOU HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY MORNING.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW, POSSIBLY MIXED WITH RAIN ALONG THE COAST SATURDAY EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 8 INCHES WITH THE LOWEST AMOUNTS ALONG THE COAST AND THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS ALONG A LINE FROM BANGOR TO CALAIS.

Great Euro run for central VT. Mostly snow for Sat night with maybe some ice or sleet mixing in briefly, but otherwise a nice 6-10" of high water content snow...looks like bullseye might be near Killington.

Do not want right now!

Plow truck still broken down!

F*************!!

;)

It'll do what it'll do. BTV's snowfall map has 4.5" in Chelsea just to my west. That's not too bad, I reckon. :scooter:

10" of "high water content", no thank you.

Archived