gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really! If Kev could have 5+ at the same time just to the wsw why can't Cumberland...or better yet why are we questioning his total too? I'm not sure how we draw the distinctions without being "there" of who's inflating and who's not. This is not a commentary on Kev.

Well that and the fact he's always the perfect gentleman in pointing out others errors...and the flaw in their logic "wiz needs to look beyond the models."

I thought I was the skier? It could be a man crush. Seems like he talks about weenies and buns right around mentions of me a lot?

Did you get any more snow there?

It was a slant stick measurement...whatever dude...Will agreed with me.

Maybe it's because I feel that I have a fairly thick skin, or that I don't get personally attacked (mainly because my true scientific knowledge on all things climatological is beyond pathetic), but unless someone is personally attacked, I don't see why its so hard to look past missed snow totals, storm tracks, etc. No need for the ignore button. Just move on. Do people take their forecasts on this forum so serious that if they don't verify it's reason enough to engage in conflict?

I see people getting upset if a forecast by someone doesn't verify. I don't get it. I understand the emotional tie-in to a degree, but if the totals don't verify within the the range, why not just let it go, and not respond? . . . or just a quick note to say, "Well I got 4", but not the 6-12 that some were calling. Would have been nice, but it looks like my total was closer to so, and so's forecast."

They should have a subforum for general forecast and observations and one for smack talk

The problem is nobody uses the smack talk threads when they are there.

I just wish everyone could stick to keeping obs, totals etc in the obs thread not the discussion thread and that way the discussion thread can stay mostly on meteorology etc. for those of us (not me) with strong wx knowledge.

Not really! If Kev could have 5+ at the same time just to the wsw why can't Cumberland...or better yet why are we questioning his total too? I'm not sure how we draw the distinctions without being "there" of who's inflating and who's not. This is not a commentary on Kev.

Well that and the fact he's always the perfect gentleman in pointing out others errors...and the flaw in their logic "wiz needs to look beyond the models."

I thought I was the skier? It could be a man crush. Seems like he talks about weenies and buns right around mentions of me a lot?

Did you get any more snow there?

Still snowing. Lull moved though within the past hour. Just light stuff. Radar looks to be breaking apart for the area as the best dynamics move N. Probably ~4.5".

good point.

this place just gets so tiresome sometimes. we can have some of the funniest conversations now and then and i've always thoroughly enjoyed eastern/american...but the analysis can go down the crapper really fast now-a-days and threads can quickly transition into a game of my :weenie: is bigger than your :weenie:

honestly, sometimes i think our threads have turned into what the main threads used to be like on eastern. just a cluster fook of posters...minimal substance etc.

it's probably not going to change. it just becoming a matter of read more/post less for me.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mOrnJ5LUjiQhttp://www.youtube.com/embed/mOrnJ5LUjiQ

The problem is that it's so easy to get irritable when you aren't looking someone in the face; I have yet to wintess 1 moment of bickering at a GTG.

I promise this would be significantly reduced if Scott could make a GTG....the whole dynamic changes once you know someone, personally.

Ray I do want to meet you but that's idiotic. I don't need to meet someone to be civil or to not deliberately pick fights.

to be fair...I think Kev makes pretty good calls more than people give him credit for. but he only admits a bust when it is a bust in his BY. and that hurts his credibility. he can certainly dish out the criticism better than he can take it.

If we end up with a decent event to track next week...I would like to see a return to more rational posting by everyone. Really wish this subforum would work as intended. One thread for general obs and storm talk...and another for general banter. For whatever reason, all threads turn into general banter and bashing.

Pretty much.

yeah, lulled for half hour or so, then picked up with much bigger flakes in the last 15 minutes. without going outside yet, it looks like at least 5". Waiting til the last flake falls to use the snowblower.

Sowing here now too. RUC nailed it pretty well.

I didn't get offended... I have a thick skin lol.

To be honest what has frustrated me lately is that posting a relatively conservative (and in this case, not conservative enough) forecast has been met with ire and criticism and no one backs anything up with science or reasoning. When I'm at work and busy doing stuff I like to pop in here occasionally and post some thoughts. Having to respond to 10 posts within 10 minutes about how I don't know what I'm talking about and why would I go conservative can get annoying.

As a pro, those types of attacks are expressly forbidden by the rules of this forum. They're tolerated for what reason?

+1000000

I don't know why moderation has been so lax lately. no one wants this forum to be a nazi-like regime...but some of the instigators need to be handled a little better. but it seems like some people's post count get them a lot of leeway when it comes to tone/quality of their posts.

alright...I'm done with the OT rants...I'm ready to shift focus to next week.

Drinking buddies FTW, everyone not at the GTG'ers FTL. It shouldn't be tolerated. Ray just admitted that's a big part of the "problem"....didn't he...and I have no problems with Ray at all....so I need to go to a GTG so it stops so the rest can enjoy the forum?

I think your perception is the norm. The entire tone changes because so much time is/has to be spent refuting misquotes, statements taken out of context, unsupported statements, instigations etc.

--

Light snow, big flakes, sticking.

I didn't get offended... I have a thick skin lol.

To be honest what has frustrated me lately is that posting a relatively conservative (and in this case, not conservative enough) forecast has been met with ire and criticism and no one backs anything up with science or reasoning. When I'm at work and busy doing stuff I like to pop in here occasionally and post some thoughts. Having to respond to 10 posts within 10 minutes about how I don't know what I'm talking about and why would I go conservative can get annoying.

Sucks that we aren't black ops.:ph34r:

Archived