Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I have to say that posting in these threads about this storm has been more of a chore than enjoyable. The constant nasty attacks by someone who can't admit when they're wrong along with weenies who will only listen to the most extreme solution really ruins the whole experience.

I agree to the fookin extreme

Unfortunately I have to say that posting in these threads about this storm has been more of a chore than enjoyable. The constant nasty attacks by someone who can't admit when they're wrong along with weenies who will only listen to the most extreme solution really ruins the whole experience.

Indeed.

you get any reports from up my way? penacook, boscawen, franklin, canterbury? I'm in boston. Great scene at your place man....pure mid winter beauty

Yeah it's great out there, not too cold or windy, so peaceful. I don't have any reports from up your way but it looked like the cutoff from warning snow to advisory was between CON and MHT most likely, but haven't paid too much attn.

Yeah it's great out there, not too cold or windy, so peaceful. I don't have any reports from up your way but it looked like the cutoff from warning snow to advisory was between CON and MHT most likely, but haven't paid too much attn.

Just a classic NH January up here. Almost perfect if we didn't get the New Years torch.

yeah...the forecasted low Sunday night is -1 for here...but I could see that busting. If we're clear and calm I think most of the CT can bottom out well below 0.

I'm definitely expecting at least two below zero mornings and hopefully flirting with -10 Monday morning. This is once every 2-3 years type cold. Total snow for January now up to about 23.8 inches, surpassing my 22.6 in January 2005. Basically a whole season's worth of snow in the last two weeks.

It'd be one thing if he didn't slam a person on TV with backhanded comments about his conservative calls, hit the NWS out of OKX etc. Slam me all the time....I admit when I bust even though there's no real need as Phil said. Nobody really cares, we are all here to enjoy the weather together. I think the reason people are all over him is they see all that, and then they see a person who won't man up and

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.jpg

Twice in one week the snowiest forecasts east of Jay's Peak busted....seasonal trends FTL.

to be fair...I think Kev makes pretty good calls more than people give him credit for. but he only admits a bust when it is a bust in his BY. and that hurts his credibility. he can certainly dish out the criticism better than he can take it.

If we end up with a decent event to track next week...I would like to see a return to more rational posting by everyone. Really wish this subforum would work as intended. One thread for general obs and storm talk...and another for general banter. For whatever reason, all threads turn into general banter and bashing.

The problem is that it's so easy to get irritable when you aren't looking someone in the face; I have yet to wintess 1 moment of bickering at a GTG.

I promise this would be significantly reduced if Scott could make a GTG....the whole dynamic changes once you know someone, personally.

Seeing the face of the posters would help, yes.

This should be fun....... Lots of funny people here........ hey, lets have more of the old Tex Antoine mood.

How much you have? I am at 4" now. I just went outside to clean off the driveway during the lull. Snows picking back up now. Maybe 3/4m - 1m vis.

yeah, lulled for half hour or so, then picked up with much bigger flakes in the last 15 minutes. without going outside yet, it looks like at least 5". Waiting til the last flake falls to use the snowblower.

I apologize to anyone that i offended. I don't think i attacked anyone nastily at all .If i did and you were offended i apologize.

I didn't get offended... I have a thick skin lol.

To be honest what has frustrated me lately is that posting a relatively conservative (and in this case, not conservative enough) forecast has been met with ire and criticism and no one backs anything up with science or reasoning. When I'm at work and busy doing stuff I like to pop in here occasionally and post some thoughts. Having to respond to 10 posts within 10 minutes about how I don't know what I'm talking about and why would I go conservative can get annoying.

+1000000

I don't know why moderation has been so lax lately. no one wants this forum to be a nazi-like regime...but some of the instigators need to be handled a little better. but it seems like some people's post count get them a lot of leeway when it comes to tone/quality of their posts.

alright...I'm done with the OT rants...I'm ready to shift focus to next week.

to be fair...I think Kev makes pretty good calls more than people give him credit for. but he only admits a bust when it is a bust in his BY. and that hurts his credibility. he can certainly dish out the criticism better than he can take it.

If we end up with a decent event to track next week...I would like to see a return to more rational posting by everyone. Really wish this subforum would work as intended. One thread for general obs and storm talk...and another for general banter. For whatever reason, all threads turn into general banter and bashing.

No one should rag on anyone for the forecasts outside of some good natured or light hearted ribbing, but it does tend to get personal for some reason. No point in shoving someone's broken forecast in their face, I know I wouldn't appreciate that, but the people who are more conservative shouldn't get crap about being debbie downers or whatever leading up to the event. Anyways, the New England threads do work a lot differently than the other regions for better or worse.

Are you being facetious? TheSnowman reported 5.8" of snow after 9am and he's in Cumberland. I reported 5.0" in Blackstone just before 9 am. There's no way Cumberland had that much at 742am...we were ripping and probably picked up 1.5" in the hour before I made my report. They probably had 4" or so..maybe less.

Not really! If Kev could have 5+ at the same time just to the wsw why can't Cumberland...or better yet why are we questioning his total too? I'm not sure how we draw the distinctions without being "there" of who's inflating and who's not. This is not a commentary on Kev.

Yeah, sorry about that. You got that right on the fresh powder and next week. Turning into the arctic tundra will be interesting. Next week we cash in again big time! Let's go!

I don't think anyone cares about his forecasts, it is just the "I was right" and "verification" afterwards :lol:

Well that and the fact he's always the perfect gentleman in pointing out others errors...and the flaw in their logic "wiz needs to look beyond the models."

And you don't have to wake up with the snide remarks about the "SE MA poster"

You 2 should just leave each other alone and ignore each other posts.

I thought I was the skier? It could be a man crush. Seems like he talks about weenies and buns right around mentions of me a lot?

Did you get any more snow there?

+1000000

I don't know why moderation has been so lax lately. no one wants this forum to be a nazi-like regime...but some of the instigators need to be handled a little better. but it seems like some people's post count get them a lot of leeway when it comes to tone/quality of their posts.

+2

alright...I'm done with the OT rants...I'm ready to shift focus to next week.

I didn't really see where it got nasty?

Ryan said i nastily attacked people ....I don't know who I attacked..but apologized anyway.. Some people on here need to place me on ignore if they don't like my posting style. i never would purposely attack or hurt someones feelings. What i do is in jest..and if it offend people then for that i am truly sorry.

Still light snow here..sky is brightening

I didn't get offended... I have a thick skin lol.

To be honest what has frustrated me lately is that posting a relatively conservative (and in this case, not conservative enough) forecast has been met with ire and criticism and no one backs anything up with science or reasoning. When I'm at work and busy doing stuff I like to pop in here occasionally and post some thoughts. Having to respond to 10 posts within 10 minutes about how I don't know what I'm talking about and why would I go conservative can get annoying.

I remember defending you awhile back against Kevin and I was told you were friends and that I didn't understand the dynamic. You do occasionally drop not so subtle lines to draw a reaction from Kevin...so I figured the bickering you guys do is all in good fun.

The problem is that it's so easy to get irritable when you aren't looking someone in the face; I have yet to wintess 1 moment of bickering at a GTG.

I promise this would be significantly reduced if Scott could make a GTG....the whole dynamic changes once you know someone, personally.

good point.

this place just gets so tiresome sometimes. we can have some of the funniest conversations now and then and i've always thoroughly enjoyed eastern/american...but the analysis can go down the crapper really fast now-a-days and threads can quickly transition into a game of my :weenie: is bigger than your :weenie:

honestly, sometimes i think our threads have turned into what the main threads used to be like on eastern. just a cluster fook of posters...minimal substance etc.

it's probably not going to change. it just becoming a matter of read more/post less for me.

Archived