Gonzalo00
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that i understand.

i'm just saying, who cares?

you don't issue forecasts to the general public and are free to say whatever. if anyone on here is taking your word (no offense at all) as gospel and spreading it to their friends, family and co-workers...shame on them.

Translation: you "rise" like the proverbial trout in springtime.

Oops........that old fashioned locution is open to distortion here, I fear......

Blizz is looking for validation, since he "scored" pretty well given the prevailing standard for such things.

Some of us understand.

Lets stop pulling open his closets and watching the 16" lollies come cascading out...........

Looking forward to reaching below zero a couple more times. Hopefully I can beat the -10 from 1/17/2009. That cold stretch from 1/15-17 was also preceded by a light 3-6 inch snowfall.

yeah...the forecasted low Sunday night is -1 for here...but I could see that busting. If we're clear and calm I think most of the CT can bottom out well below 0.

agree agree agree.

My forecast was 4-8" was pretty good... but for many areas will wind up on the high side.

I'm not going argue Kevin about his snow measurements because he generally is spot on but the not owning up to a bust (this is 2 bad ones in a row) is aggravating.

I haven't seen one person post yet apologizing for bashing OKX yesterday... especially given the fact their ADVISORY won't verify in some areas!

LOL if you mean me I apologize and they did a great job, I was not trying to be accusatory or a "hater". I was interested in their logic at the time because of this very situation. I THINK we did get great ratios, just not the precip. We were looking to get around 0.4 at the time, and they seemed to be saying 0.3-0.5 with 10:1 ratios. Now of course here we do not typically get those great ratios, but you can do the math there. I think our problem was the liquid, not ratios. Either way they did great and you and others like me who thought 4-8 still ended up decent.

Translation: you "rise" like the proverbial trout in springtime.

Oops........that old fashioned locution is open to distortion here, I fear......

Blizz is looking for validation, since he "scored" pretty well given the prevailing standard for such things.

Some of us understand.

Lets stop pulling open his closets and watching the 16" lollies come cascading out...........

:lol:

Taking BDL's .36" QPF against my 5.3" yields ratios of a shade under 15:1. After the ratios that we saw during the blizzard last week, I was expecting higher ratios

You still need good vertical motion and good moisture in the mid levels to get good ratios...cold snow is not enough...that's the part a lot of people don't figure on.

Those areas don't count either. Let's be clear, in the western 1/2 of SNE we are only talking about areas over 1,000 feet with less than 20,000 people living there. East of there, it's only areas north of the areas that got less than 6". In those areas it verified perfectly.

Why though? Kev and his neighbor reported 5-6 a little after that and Cumberland was under heavier echoes?

I never care who is right and who is wrong. But when I've got to listen to it from someone (who made a comment this morning about the last two years) while busting horrifically all week...it's amusing.

By his logic his 1-2" call for CT the other day verified, 67% of the people that reported to NDBC were over 2" for a two day total.

What i am most glad about with this storm is that I listened to my gut feeling of it being no big deal really from the river west. When I stopped looking at the wether around 630 pm yesterday I was not overly impressed with the radar. I figured this thing would get its act together a bit too late for anything exciting in the ct river valley. I went to bed and had a good nights sleep. I do think some place in nw ri or eastern ma will get a foot though. This def as an eastern sne event.

One thing too is that with the low tracking so far nw we just have to remember how compact this thing is, a much bigger storm would have produced a much more expansive area of heavier snow.

Seriously...what planet are you from? The only reason people are ragging on you is because you can't admit you busted. I'm sorry...80% of CT will be <6". Unless your 6-12" was forecasting the max snowfall (which we know isn't true based on your 14-16" lollies), you can't claim victory just because some of the region verified on the low end of your range. You're ignoring half the region and claiming victory based on a few 8-10" reports. I'm sorry...3-6" was a rational call in CT, and even that busted along the shoreline.

It'd be one thing if he didn't slam a person on TV with backhanded comments about his conservative calls, hit the NWS out of OKX etc. Slam me all the time....I admit when I bust even though there's no real need as Phil said. Nobody really cares, we are all here to enjoy the weather together. I think the reason people are all over him is they see all that, and then they see a person who won't man up and

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.jpg

Twice in one week the snowiest forecasts east of Jay's Peak busted....seasonal trends FTL.

Unfortunately I have to say that posting in these threads about this storm has been more of a chore than enjoyable. The constant nasty attacks by someone who can't admit when they're wrong along with weenies who will only listen to the most extreme solution really ruins the whole experience.

Unfortunately I have to say that posting in these threads about this storm has been more of a chore than enjoyable. The constant nasty attacks by someone who can't admit when they're wrong along with weenies who will only listen to the most extreme solution really ruins the whole experience.

why don't you just ignore him...seriously? You troll back at him all the time.

I know. Cut the sh*t guys. Who cares..just enjoy the snow.

I agree to the fookin extreme

agree agree agree.

My forecast was 4-8" was pretty good... but for many areas will wind up on the high side.

I'm not going argue Kevin about his snow measurements because he generally is spot on but the not owning up to a bust (this is 2 bad ones in a row) is aggravating.

I haven't seen one person post yet apologizing for bashing OKX yesterday... especially given the fact their ADVISORY won't verify in some areas!

That would be me that ended up eating crow.. and I do apologize for jumping the gun. I usually agree with them spot on ,but just couldnt get past the snow ratio possibilities felt that would win the day,but in the end couldnt even muster up 4 inches here.

Archived