joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/22-1/24 Cold Temperatures

weatherMA

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 degrees here at 0700L........Low overnight was 4........

Definitely altitude-related....I drove 4 miles over to the next town.......-5!!!

BTW....I'm @ 690' ASL...the "other town" is at 287'.........

FWIW.....KCON is still recording below 0 (346' ASL).........

It all falls out tonight, though....teens below 0 for everyone........some northern valleys could hit -30 or LOWER!!!:lol:

Congrats to all frozen weenie club zero members!

No here MBY YET, Arctic front will pass and temps will drop in daylight today.

Most assured below zero will be obtained tonight

Going to be a nice OES event to watch for CC, surprised no topic thread on it.

i would like to see the nice OES event for CC....i hope squalls from hell develop and rain down on them.

i think Cape ann is in the game as well...perhaps even NE mass shoreline.

decent 850 frontogenesis centered in SW maine .. in a boomergang shape s-n

My point and click is calling for -30F at 800ft in Stowe village.... point 'n click is calling for near -40F on Mansfield tonight. I'll be outside at 5:30am tomorrow morning on the mountain... I'm actually looking forward to experiencing this.

I should add that the NOAA forecast wind chills for Mt Mansfield may exceed -60F tonight into tomorrow morning.

Yeah it seems like everyone got a litte warmer then thought today...and colder then thought last night.

The MET seems to do well with these arctic high situations. It handled the "warmer" temps pretty well up here over the last 2 afternoons while the MAV was too cold. I'd go aggressively low for the mins/maxes tonight and tomorrow though. I wouldn't be shocked to see some 35F ranges tomorrow.

Nice CU to my SE, daughter up in VT really bitchin, says below zero already, I dropped to -3 last night, going for a record at my house tonight, -12 is the record in 05

BDL was -3 last night which was below guidance.

I'm interested to see how cold some places in Litchfield County get if winds die down around sunrise. Thinking -20 possible in some places.

Archived