• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
1/22-1/24 Cold Temperatures

weatherMA

I rarely b***ch about busts but I've been hearing -15 to -20 forecast for tonight in NW Ma. for almost a week from NWS and the local mets. and at 8:30 pm with P. Cloudy skies and a current temp. of 7F I really have my doubts of getting near double digit negatives nor even getting colder than last saturday morning (-6F).

Too much hype about record cold - just like going overboard about the potential mid-week coastal storm 5-7 days out.

We shall see...

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rarely b***ch about busts but I've been hearing -15 to -20 forecast for tonight in NW Ma. for almost a week from NWS and the local mets. and at 8:30 pm with P. Cloudy skies and a current temp. of 7F I really have my doubts of getting near double digit negatives nor even getting colder than last saturday morning (-6F).

Too much hype about record cold - just like going overboard about the potential mid-week coastal storm 5-7 days out.

We shall see...

Is it windy there?

We shall see...

The low level cold will be advecting in all night. Give it some time. -3.0F here with winds over 10mph.

Temp falling a bit better than -2F per hour. Down to -5.4F 8:45pm Chickens in coop are not happy. Running heat light which I only do at 0F or below. Imagion being a poor animal out tonight. Saw a stray cat hop a snowbank earlier, that kind of thing kills me.

What time tomorrow does the coldets core pass?

Temp falling a bit better than -2F per hour. Down to -5.4F 8:45pm Chickens in coop are not happy. Running heat light which I only do at 0F or below. Imagion being a poor animal out tonight. Saw a stray cat hop a snowbank earlier, that kind of thing kills me.

What time tomorrow does the coldets core pass?

WCVB Futurecast seemed to think through 10AM I think

We shall see...

Yeah, the WMass spots aren't any colder than they were at this time last night. But I imagine they'll start dropping like rocks soon.

Mount Washington down to -31...

Archived