• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/22-1/24 Cold Temperatures

weatherMA

Nice CU to my SE, daughter up in VT really bitchin, says below zero already, I dropped to -3 last night, going for a record at my house tonight, -12 is the record in 05

Haha... yeah we just slipped below zero this afternoon. Currently -2F with bright sunshine.

When I left Mansfield at 1:30pm it was -13F with a wind chill of -35F... and the temperature was steadily dropping all day long up there.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha... yeah we just slipped below zero this afternoon. Currently -2F with bright sunshine.

When I left Mansfield at 1:30pm it was -13F with a wind chill of -35F... and the temperature was steadily dropping all day long up there.

The cold air is coming... you guys south and east look balmy today in the teens and even some 20s showing up in SNE! We've been right at 0F and slightly below zero all afternoon. Tonight and tomorrow are going to be brutal.

CAA all day long here in northern VT dropping us below zero. You guys south and east of here, its coming for you next. By the looks of this map it definitely hasn't made it over the mountains yet as those folks in Boston are probably out in banana hammocks right now.

I think tonight is a night where the hills get colder than the valleys..Wind will be up all nite..so this is how hills get coldest..Tomorrow night is the valley cold night..Hills can prob do -10 -14 tonight

I think the valleys plummet around 6 a.m. Looks like the winds are able to die off as the high moves in late tonight... especially in western areas.

btw I think you could see 2" of new snow on Tuesday. SREFs were surprisingly snowy.

I think the valleys plummet around 6 a.m. Looks like the winds are able to die off as the high moves in late tonight... especially in western areas.

btw I think you could see 2" of new snow on Tuesday. SREFs were surprisingly snowy.

You won't believe this ..but I'll take the under...I think most of the snow stays to our north

GYX seems less gung ho about the cold than BTV.

Colebrook, NH has a gridpoint forecast of -29, but a 50 foot stroll across the CT river into BTV's CWA and it says -40. Brutal.

Well the high will be cresting in over N VT by 12z. Plus Island Pond is like a large crater and radiates like mad like HIE/BML/SLK.

Archived