• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/22-1/24 Cold Temperatures

weatherMA

Back in the early 70s I stayed in an unheated farmhouse in Peacham Vt for a week in January. It was in the -20s every night. It's great to be 21.

Well we hit -18.4 here in Peacham this morning but my thermometer runs 2 f too warm and I am up in the village. We do have heat however.

Last weekend I left the house and it was -4 on car thermometer (same as main thermometer was reading). It dropped to -12 at the bottom of our hill -less than a mile. While it would be fun to be in a colder part of town the odds my car start this morning are better being up here.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correction..-2.0 now.

Logan airport down to -2F this hour...impressive. Ties the low reached in January 2005. Still a far cry from the -7F recorded in January 2004....but I think we'll take the slightly less cold temp amidst a much snowier pattern (ala Jan 2005) versus the bone dry awful pattern of Jan 2004. :snowman:

Looks like the low was -9F at ORH airport...barring any last second drop here in the final minutes. That beats the -8F recorded in January 2005 but still behind the two -12F readings they put up in Jan 2004. Also, first below 0F reading since January 2009...last winter hit 0F but never dropped below it.

Archived