12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
jan19th inverted trough/norlun event

TalcottWx

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

back to light rain and skies are brightening, couple more minutes of precip.

Interesting to see how much we torch down here once the precip stops and the sun comes out, wondering if bdr makes a run at 50 this afternoon.

with 850s around -3C, CAA and winds shifting around to the NW, I doubt they would get much above 40. It's already just about 1pm...temps would peak by 3, I would imagine.

I'm hopeful when i get home that an inch or 2 has fallen

Well it will have to do so in the next couple of hours....its not really sticking in Union. Just the non-accumulating wet snow right now.Maybe it will do better this afternoon, but the temps need to tick back a degree or two.

Well it will have to do so in the next couple of hours....its not really sticking in Union. Just the non-accumulating wet snow right now.Maybe it will do better this afternoon, but the temps need to tick back a degree or two.

Yeah I know...looks like it's over for most areas by 4-5:00 .I don't think it'll stick much..but it should on the existing snowpack i would think

Put this in the other thread by mistake:

Have around 2" of new snow on top of yesterday's 2.5-3" of crud. Mid-level warm air intrusion and downsloping on a easterly flow screwed the west slope yesterday. Still snowing lightly to occasionally moderate at times. Mid-level cooling has allowed for snow growth and ratios to improve. Snow should continue for at least another 2 to 3 hours around here, possibly a little longer if some upslope action kicks in on the west side with increasing CAA and low-level moisture. Someone around 2K could squeeze out 4 to 6 inches by the time this is done.

lol at radar heaviest stuff looked about over 1/2 hour ago.

it's back building toward worcester....but maybe another 90 min. at best. t

he beck edge is racing west. these things always seem to get out of here faster than forecast.

give me 4 to 6 on friday and at least .30 qpf.

also heavy snow pack damage along 128......alot of roofs seem bare of snow. i still have some snow on the trees here but this rain isn't helping. temp steady at 36.

Archived