Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
jan19th inverted trough/norlun event

TalcottWx

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok....thoroughly measured my neighborhood....About 12" in the most exposed areas.....18" in the most shaded areas....avg of all is about 16".

Lowest measurment in the most exposed that I sampled was 11"...highest in heavily shaded was 18.5".

I have lost about 3" more since last night and I have just about broken even.....maybe a hair under.

Snow is now sticking.....32.3\31

This really has been my dream winter after the slow start in December. Heavy heavy snowpack, heavy heavy snows, heavy heavy cold.. encased in heavy heavy ice with little heavy heavy melting.

Yeah higher amts are way to go with Fridays storm. 6-12 based on what I've seen

Not a dream winter, but two storms over a foot and one near 20"...good for me. I think we need to see how the next 6 weeks go in order to see if this is an epic winter or not. I'm almost to normal snowfall which is pretty darn good for 1/19. I'm pissed I lost so much snow...was hoping to get some of that back on Friday, but probably NBD with that one.

Not a dream winter, but two storms over a foot and one near 20"...good for me. I think we need to see how the next 6 weeks go in order to see if this is an epic winter or not. I'm almost to normal snowfall which is pretty darn good for 1/19. I'm pissed I lost so much snow...was hoping to get some of that back on Friday, but probably NBD with that one.

Yea, I was ready to pull the epic trigger last night, but that rain really beat it down and now it looks like ****.....next event went to crap....I'll hold off.

The high here was 34.2 today ..down to 32.2 now with very light snow and fogged in too. I took some snowpack measurements and theres anywhere between 22-25 inches in the yard

im reaaalllyyy not trying to be a pain in the ass but I'm literally 15 minutes down the road and the average snowpack here is down to about a foot or lower. There's bare spots all over campus.

on another note, I changed my major today...going off to celebrate!

im reaaalllyyy not trying to be a pain in the ass but I'm literally 15 minutes down the road and the average snowpack here is down to about a foot or lower. There's bare spots all over campus.

on another note, I changed my major today...going off to celebrate!

Dude I was just there 2 days ago. there was 20+ inches there then..I noticed plowed areas around the sidewalks on the grass so that is prob what you are seeing.

You are close..you're more than welcome to stop by this week and measure for yourself. I'll even give you a Zima to drink

Dude I was just there 2 days ago. there was 20+ inches there then..I noticed plowed areas around the sidewalks on the grass so that is prob what you are seeing.

You are close..you're more than welcome to stop by this week and measure for yourself. I'll even give you a Zima to drink

either way this winter's fthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifkin awesome so far

but yeah, on the way home im stopping by and measuring while drinking with you

I guess we can check out the snow too

Looks like it was too warm to accumulate anything outside of the crest of the Berks. Had some light snow in the hills elsewhere but no accumulate outside of a coating. Mildly disappointing. Hopefully the Friday system trends better.

Actually even the lower elevations of the Berks saw accumulations. Was in Gt. Barrington and 1.5+" had fallen, 4" @ 2K and 2.5" here at 1400'. Here are some pics from around the hood today. (2k around mid-day, ride home,yard)

You're thermometer is a bit off in that pic....I don't think it hit single digits within 400 miles of here. :scooter:

LOL, That's the pitch indicator for the arm of the Grad-all, it tells you the degree of angle your booming out at. Very important when your extending out with 1,000s of lbs on the forks.

LOL, That's the pitch indicator for the arm of the Grad-all, it tells you the degree of angle your booming out at. Very important when your extending out with 1,000s of lbs on the forks.

Oh, lol...I assumed it was one of those old crappy thermometers.

started snowing here again with freez drizzle/ drizzle mixed in temp down to 32.5 roads are icy on the hills especially ....another hour or two ...with that moisture working thru back in NY (which looks like it sinking just S of due east) things could get realy ugly. and people may not realize it. i hope they have a special statement out. frz drizzle is worse to drive on IMO than snow. hands down. it's stealth.

Archived