12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
jan19th inverted trough/norlun event

TalcottWx

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to be honest, the amount of rain that I have seen has been really disheartening; I was really feeling good, but I'll be lucky to break even after a 5" snowfall.

Too much QPF.

I would have foregone that 5" and skipped that whole ordeal; I have the same amount of snow as prior, but it's now heavily tainted and the landscape is just comparatively bleh......sure, it would be easy to build on with the higher water content, but there doesn't seem to be any large events int he offing anytime soon.

yeah its funny, i missed mostly the whole event except some light accums, and my pack is much less than yours but untainted, and my spirits are high cuz we havent cracked freezing since dec 31 so i somehwow believe i am in the midst of some epic stretch of pack building???.....funny how that works, how snow appearance infuences our psyche and assesment.

well you are going to be getting fresh snow on friday and all of this mess will be covered up....i imagine youll be feeling MUCH better by then, and back to beforehand.

I'm sure there are some exposed areas like the islands of rotaries that are down to like 6", but I think we can all agree that isn't what you use to guage it.....this problem becomes more prevalent the further out we get from the time of the event.

My "exposed areas" are 6-8". Everywhere else is 9-12".

The high here was 34.2 today ..down to 32.2 now with very light snow and fogged in too. I took some snowpack measurements and theres anywhere between 22-25 inches in the yard

Dude you must be in heaven... a nice two foot snowpack covering the acorns. You've got me by 8" right now (can't wait for someone to edit that) and I was just starting to think the snowpack looked pretty healthy after the past week. It would be nice to hit two feet but it looks like we'll miss out on the next one up here while you guys continue to pile it on. SNE winter!

I skied with Tim Kelley from NECN today and he said to tell you guys to get ready for another healthy dumping of snow. Trend this winter has been for snowier solutions to win out.

Dude you must be in heaven... a nice two foot snowpack covering the acorns. You've got me by 8" right now (can't wait for someone to edit that) and I was just starting to think the snowpack looked pretty healthy after the past week. It would be nice to hit two feet but it looks like we'll miss out on the next one up here while you guys continue to pile it on. SNE winter!

I skied with Tim Kelley from NECN today and he said to tell you guys to get ready for another healthy dumping of snow. Trend this winter has been for snowier solutions to win out.

This really has been my dream winter after the slow start in December. Heavy heavy snowpack, heavy heavy snows, heavy heavy cold.. encased in heavy heavy ice with little heavy heavy melting.

Yeah higher amts are way to go with Fridays storm. 6-12 based on what I've seen

Archived