• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
jan19th inverted trough/norlun event

TalcottWx

Have around 2" of new snow on top of yesterday's 2.5-3" of crud. Mid-level warm air intrusion and downsloping on a easterly flow screwed the west slope yesterday. Still snowing lightly to occasionally moderate at times. Mid-level cooling has allowed for snow growth and ratios to improve. Snow should continue for at least another 2 to 3 hours around here, possibly a little longer if some upslope action kicks in on the west side with increasing CAA and low-level moisture. Someone around 2K could squeeze out 4 to 6 inches by the time this is done.[/quote]

SkiMRG?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still raining lightly here in downtown PWM. According to the readout on top of Jayhawk's building, which I can see from my office, we've edged down to 36.

Strange how a rainy mid-30s day can feel colder than snow and 20. Is there anything more miserable?

So there are three of us within a one-two block radius of the "Time and Temp"/WMTW building?

That cam is only around 1000 feet i think too. Not sure what hills you are talking about, I know nobscot hill gets up to roughly ~600, I think that is the one to your NNE. My Hill is about 720' high and it is barely mixing here and I am quite a bit N and w so I dont think it would be worth it.

yup nobscot ...it's like 650.

but the one to my WSW is in westborough between 9 and 90....gets up between 680 and 720 based on map contours....only reason it might there is because there are heavier echos in area. more Dynamic cooling?

even blue hill area is under yellow echos so they may mix with parachutes above 600' as well. there temp was 35/34 last hour.

precip fell during the absolute worst part of the day.

down .3 now to 35.8 all rain back edge of decent 15 dbz about here.

looks like heavy dbz from wrentham toward blue hills.....let's see some parachutes damm it.

i think temps usually reach highs right about now......and start tickin down every so slowly by 3.

lol at radar heaviest stuff looked about over 1/2 hour ago.

it's back building toward worcester....but maybe another 90 min. at best. t

he beck edge is racing west. these things always seem to get out of here faster than forecast.

give me 4 to 6 on friday and at least .30 qpf.

also heavy snow pack damage along 128......alot of roofs seem bare of snow. i still have some snow on the trees here but this rain isn't helping. temp steady at 36.

I have suffered heavy damage; I'm about breaking even. .....but nonetheless, the last 24 hrs is a perfect example of why I just about never reach a 3' snowpack.

I have to be honest, the amount of rain that I have seen has been really disheartening; I was really feeling good, but I'll be lucky to break even after a 5" snowfall.

Too much QPF.

I would have foregone that 5" and skipped that whole ordeal; I have the same amount of snow as prior, but it's now heavily tainted and the landscape is just comparatively bleh......sure, it would be easy to build on with the higher water content, but there doesn't seem to be any large events int he offing anytime soon.

I have to be honest, the amount of rain that I have seen has been really disheartening; I was really feeling good, but I'll be lucky to break even after a 5" snowfall.

Too much QPF.

I would have foegone that 5" and skipped that whole ordeal; I have the same amount of snow, but it's now heavily tainted and the landscape is just comparatively bleh......sure, it would be easy to build on with the higher water content, but there doesn't seem to be any large events int he offing anytime soon.

I'm down to 6-8" in some spots.

WOW, that low Ray? That is heartbreaking, then I certainly wont complain about what I have, I had no idea you were down that much. Hope you get crushed Friday, never know!

Yea, it's either a trivial net gain or about a wash ( :axe:)......it nver got much above 35*, but just rained so much that it beat it down.

50\50 snow\rain.

Archived