• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco

Baroclinic Zone

Picked up over an inch in about 30 minutes. I've never seen it snow like this before, its hard to explain.. Tons of moderate sized flakes with really tiny flakes occupying the spaces between the medium flakes.. weird i know.. haha. Snow to the south of us really looks good, sleep doesn't look like an option right now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, pretty much resigned to that fact. I told a coworker 8" along the south coast (Dartmouth area). I feel pretty good about that call.

We could still get NAM totals. I'm just not sold on it. IF we get the precip in here and don't get the usual shaft job where it's 3am and we've had zero inches...we'll do fine. But the clock is ticking, if precip is not here until 2am, even if it snowed at 2" per hour we'll either (as modeled) have dry slot or temp issues by 7-8am...at the latest so we've got a top end ceiling. Tick tock for us.

I'm expecting a screw job here as well.

same as above

Messenger, let's be honest, the RUC sucks. It's even giving me like 10 hours of straight 1''/hr+ snow and I say it sucks. Enjoy your snow and don't worry about that garbage.

It does, but I put the image into the library anyway. The HRRR has been shifting east with the 8h center 0z vs 2z..maybe 5-10 miles..so maybe they're compensating back.I find it hard to go against the NAM in this tight for temps, but then again.... everything with it makes pretty much good sense now, nothing sticks out as odd etc...so I'll ride that temp profile

We'll have to watch where the CF starts to set up and tighten up as the flow increases out of the ENE initially....it could back decently W for a period before coming back to the east.

It could be a focus for extra enhancement of snow.

Does anyone have those maps that shows all the temps for SNE...w/like 100s of obs.

Been watching that HRRR...

0z vs 2z

700 VV's...shifted the center a few miles ENE..in the process keeps me under good vv's at 10 hours.

second, it's a few miles colder. I have no idea how accurate this model is, just watching it for the first time.

Kev wakes up at 2:30 he will accuse you of banging it..

Archived