e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 11-12 Snowstorm Disco

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it doesn't spit out the same high QPF?

It still shows the max in SE CT, just like most other models. I thought we were always told QPF was the last field output, look at everything else. It looks fine otherwise IMO, and the fact that it's putting the maxes where it is.....not sure what's wrong with it.

valid point on qpf distribution.. but you can clearly see that we are going to get much more than what it is showing in western new england.. and that fact that's it's been adjusting west every run is showing that it's missing something and is trying to fix its error but its too late.. according to gfs this afternoon western ct was going to get 4-8"... we might have that in a few hours..

valid point on qpf distribution.. but you can clearly see that we are going to get much more than what it is showing in western new england.. and that fact that's it's been adjusting west every run is showing that it's missing something and is trying to fix its error but its too late.. according to gfs this afternoon western ct was going to get 4-8"... we might have that in a few hours..

Understood...just saying the OP GFS always spreads the .1 too far, and is notorious for underforecasting QPF.

The fact that it's nailing the same general area with it's max...

6 hours ago the NAM and RGEM all gave me a lot of rain here. Consensus slowly.

yeah i was gonna say something....but....meh whatever

GFS has been an excellent model this winter.....very consistent, with consistent trends, sure it can be off but it consistently moves int the right direction with no lurching around....excellent job this year IMO.

yes like is said for this storm no goodski though.. overall this winter excellent

Given the MCS that's developing off the coast of NJ, I'm going to go on a limb and say that the UKMET/NAM/RGEM QPF is probably going to verify better than the GFS QPF. In CT at least, and most likely everywhere.

Dom, For the first time in a long time, I feel confident that we are going to get romped in this one.... I'm going 15-18" for our area... what about you?

We are in the perfect spot to stay outta the dryslot and in the heavy snow until the storm is in the GOM

I have a funny feeling that a place like EEN will report 20" and we're gonna be like WTF???

Dom, For the first time in a long time, I feel confident that we are going to get romped in this one.... I'm going 15-18" for our area... what about you?

We are in the perfect spot to stay outta the dryslot and in the heavy snow until the storm is in the GOM

I have a funny feeling that a place like EEN will report 20" and we're gonna be like WTF???

I final called 10-16'' here. And I agree...love where we are. No dryslot, good ratios, crushed by CCB. Not to mention the early morning fun before 00z as well.

7-14 or 8-16 through all of MA/CT/RI as a general base seems absolutely fine, paint in 10-20 over the entire area pinned by the NAM aside of SE MA/maybe SE RI where i'd stick with 6-12 until we're sure it's not going to rain/8-16 when we're sure it's not which includes the cape to otis.

In the 10-20 band there could be spot totals to 20-25". Jerry-bob-Kev-Ginx-towards ryan up towards will...in that general area someone could top 2" QPF....but let's see how it shakes out...includes ray too...like I said the NAM essentially.

Archived