Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January Obs Thread III

strongwxnc

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like there's one more round for my area for the night with the last bit of precipitation arriving out of the SW. Went outside a few minutes ago and let me tell ya, that snow has become EXTRA CRISPY and hard. Nearly slipped and fell from just taking a light step on the concrete. :yikes: I'd be careful about going outside if I were any of you. This ice means business but makes for great sledding for tomorrow! :snowman::sled:

Still remaining at 28° with continuous light NE winds.

Just saw on News14 they think we might get a burst of snow tomorrow...that would be interesting....of course they also thought there was a chance of us getting some moisture thrown back from the coast.

Just saw on News14 they think we might get a burst of snow tomorrow...that would be interesting....of course they also thought there was a chance of us getting some moisture thrown back from the coast.

Meh I agree with them to an extent. If that coastal low does deepen enough and slows its speed to a favorable point while having secondary energy interacting with it, it's possible so I won't rule out the chance but until I see such a scenario play out, I think we're almost done with this event. Got to admit that this was fun to track despite the headaches 3-4 days prior to today but that occurred with our Christmas storm as well so nothing new there. If you ask me, regarding that possible event next week is something I'm not even going to touch at this point except for what I had put down for my thoughts about it. We'll see. At least most of us are now above average in snowfall which is great news! Any more snow accumulation is purely a bonus IMO.

:popcorn:

i thought this band coming in southern person county would shoot us some heavier snow and i was right. very large flakes coming down at a decent rate right now. prolly hardest we have had all night.

edit: just opened the door to listen...there is some sleet mixing in with it, but the puffy flakes make me think its about 70% SNOW...covering the cracks on my porch as we speak

Roads must be terrible around RDU and the idiots out and about. My buddy there just had his brand new truck totaled after an idiot doing 55 in a 35 spun a circle and hit him head-on. Luckily my friend is ok, could have been way worse.

Glad to hear your friend is OK...Yeah, there are a bunch of itiots out there. You just can't do that on icy roads and people should no better!

Ground is a slip n slide here...hard to walk on, and I took a friend home down the road and the streets are pretty bad in some areas. Cars are covered with hard, rough 1/2" snow/sleet/zr mix (didn't measure, estimate) pretty hard to get off, but still not a solid sheet of ice. It'll be a pain to scrape that off come tomorrow AM though so I went ahead and scraped my windshield for tomorrow.

still snowing in timberlake...prolly have around an inch and a half. i think there is a LITTLE bit of sleet mixed in, so that may be compacting it slightly. looks like a few more small lil blips will be coming through over night. should end up with near 2 inches...which was the upper end of what they were expecting for me. i'll take it

up here in Concord we had a very heavy ZR event around 8:45 last night and a good bit of light ZR and drizzle on top of the 3.5" of snow we received yesterday. I'd say we now have close to .25 of ice on top of everything. Streets, sidewalks, trees and power lines are frozen solid and the back roads are HORRIBLE. Please don't drive around right now unless it is an emergency but if you do go extra slow.

Archived